WRC 8 Online Servers

kevin ohara

100RPM
I can't connect to the WRC 8 Online Servers. Anyone having same problem? On PC via Epic and I have disabled my Windows firewall yet still no connection. WRC Status page says online servers are lived but I can't seem to connect. Every other software fine via my internet connection just WRC got the problem.

kevin ohara

100RPM
Can someone confirm they can connect to the online servers on PC?

If I select weekly challenges etc. I get message:

the wrc 8 server cannot be assessed

Don't want to waste time trying to find if my connection at fault as the WRC 8 website says all servers ok.

Me too.

The strange thing is that when accessing with cmd ping command, it can communicate normally with 104.199.55.183 which seems to be a game server.
I am currently sending a message to bigben and waiting for a reply.

Postscript:
Are you using windows7?
If so, you may be able to connect by downloading and using the Easy fix at the bottom of this page.(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/)
The reason is that WRC8 uses the old encrypted communication which is the default of Windows7, so it cannot connect. This easy fix describes in the registry to use new encrypted communication by default.

Last edited:

kevin ohara

100RPM
I don't think that IP is their game server as it seems to be Google Cloud. I am on W7 and that update is already installed. I've also emailed them asking the question.

I assumed that the online service was not available yet as I've not seen any videos online of any multiplayer gameplay. Everything else I have is reacheable via my connection so must be their server not online.

megane44

10RPM
i have the same problem.I played once the first weekly challenge and then server eror 12...i am trying playing challenges and have a notice check ur internet connection. I use win7

megane44

10RPM
Me too.

The strange thing is that when accessing with cmd ping command, it can communicate normally with 104.199.55.183 which seems to be a game server.

Postscript:
Are you using windows7?
If so, you may be able to connect by downloading and using the Easy fix at the bottom of this page.(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/)
The reason is that WRC8 uses the old encrypted communication which is the default of Windows7, so it cannot connect. This easy fix describes in the registry to use new encrypted communication by default.
worked for me thx

kevin ohara

100RPM
Me too.

Postscript:
Are you using windows7?

You were correct. Once I downloaded and ran the Easy Fix 'wizard' I am now able to connect to the WRC8 Server.

Thanks for that info.

Sunmaster

25RPM
Premium
Same for me since a week or less, also on 8.1 Pro, tried all sorts of things, including completely disabling firewall and av (however before this it was working fine with both on). Any help is appreciated.

Kyrs

1RPM
Hi, everybody. Guys help with this problem deal. The first time when went in game all worked then unsupportable. I'm using Windows 10.

ale83

1RPM
Hi guys, i have the same problem.. i have win 8.1, win firewall is disabled, antivirus is disabled.. but the game still does not connect to wrc 8 server.. it says "does not enable to connect to wrc8 sserver(12)"..the reply from the big ben server assitance is "please check your connection".. so..my connecction works..where is the problem??

Eric Jaeger

2012 GP2 Champion
Guess this esports competition is going to be pretty damn easy since it looks like only me and hand full of other people can actually play online.:roflmao: Brand new i20 here I come!

Quick question to all you guys having problems connecting. Is it just trying to play online with other people you're having trouble with? Or can you not do the weekly challenges either?

Top Bottom