• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8: New PC Update Available Now

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,816
    WRC 8.jpg
    A new update for the PC version of WRC 8 has been released.

Developed by Kylotonn Games and published by Bigben Interactive, WRC 8 has been met with a largely positive response from the sim racing community since release day back in September - marking arguably the most impressive instalment for the long running series to date.

Having started off life positively, the developers apparently remain keen to keep on top of the most commonly community requests, having already deployed a few small updates across all platforms on which the game is available.

Earlier today another new build to the simulation has been deployed, this time focusing on the PC version of the title, looking to address some of the ongoing peripheral compatibility issues that currently exist within the title.

WRC 8 PC Patch Notes:

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed the issue where some pedal devices were not being recognised as additional peripherals.
    Developer comment: If you have encountered an issue with your inputs, please delete all input presets. Restart the game and return to the input menu to verify that everything is correct.
    • Change the default deadzone of new axis binding.
    • Enhance axis detection and configuration on new axis bindings.

Although not exactly massive, it is still positive to see Kylotonn are keen to continue development of the title, hopefully building on the already very solid foundations that have been laid with this official representation of the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship videogame.

WRC 8 is available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

For more from the world of WRC 8, join in with your fellow community members and head on over to the WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +582
    Classic Kylotonn patch. Thin as a super model.. don't expect them to make any drastic changes at this point, if WRC7 is any indication.

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. miky90

miky90

Ratings:
    +112
    Is this game good or like WRC7 complete arcade? I'm interested in wrc plus cars but i don't like the physics and ffb of previous game. Is Sim cade like dirt rally 2 or not? Thanks.

4. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    Best to just search "WRC 8 review" on Youtube; nearly every big sim racing YouTuber has weighed in on the game and answered your exact question. I don't have the game so I have no opinion to give.

5. MoodyB

MoodyB

Ratings:
    +15
    It's good fun.

FFB is not as good as DR / DR2, but it is good enough to let you know whats going on.

Career mode is miles better than DR / DR2.

Stages are excellent. Much more engaging than DR / DR2. More immersive too.

Looks good / great at times, but lacks a bit of graphical polish when compared to DR / DR2.

Performance is alright in triple screen, but could be better.

No proper triple screen support though & fov adjustment is wonky / broken.
    Need to use dashcam or bonnet rather than cockpit view at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +97
    They have added a huge RPG component, if you like that you’ll love the new game.
    There are also more wheel and ffb options.

IMHO the actual driving is not much different than WRC7.
    Graphics is a bit improved, not that much.

It is a fun rally game if you can get the frame rate to be stable.

IMHO not better than DR/DR2, neither was WRC7 and before, just different.
    I like the feel a bit better in DR2, and to some extend I like the driving more in WRC7 than 8, bit more lose.

Guess I am not in sync with the majority... :}

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. b)b

b)b
    Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    The big difference is the new weather which is nicely done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,601
    Who doesn't like doing tax returns for your team in a rally game? ;)

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  9. jpmmuc

jpmmuc

Ratings:
    +4
    Stutter fix is possible with RTSS and limit to 60 or 120 fps because the physics engine has fixed rates at 30, 60 or 120. So if you limit it to one of this numbers it's absolutely smooth but make sure with graphic settings that it doesn't drop under this number. My monitor is only able to sync up to 100 fps so I have to limit WRC 8 at 60 to get it stutter free.

The first impression is good but for me it seems that the most FFB effects are canned and do not coming from physics.
    If you drive a few stages the bumps feel identical and there is absolutely nothing if you go over larger rocks on the side or little bit off the track.
    Also no real feedback from suspension or shifting weight from side to side or back to front. More or less as WRC 7 with a step in the right direction.

Even if DR2 has also not the best feedback it's at least much clearer and differentiates more on weight and road situation.

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,601
    Yeah, almost everything except from SAT is just canned rumble and effects. Makes the FFB feel very bland, generic, vague and most important not very informative. It's a shame they didn't go the extra step, because the basic feel of the FFB seems pretty good, it's just the canned nature of it that drags it down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hillclimber12

hillclimber12

Ratings:
    +129
    40de2f58-4b5e-41bc-9aaa-b5359805663c.jpg
    Lol

Surely the game is not "evil" completely, but it has really many flaws.
    And it does not seem to me, they have made many efforts, from the previous title ..

• Like Like x 1
  12. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +668
    I've generally enjoyed the game but the bugs get worse as the career wears on. I made it to the 4th season and the I lose and gain team members at random - even those I've signed myself. I always have many mechanics but I am often left with no team members in a single category for several rallies.

The team 'objectives' often make no sense at all - "don't use hard tyres for the next 2 rallies", yet the next rally includes a massive 21 miles stage where hard tyres are just about essential if you want to finish the stage! Even with 'soft tyres wear slower' career perks on you can't make the end of 2 long stages with any tyre left.

• Like Like x 2
  13. sbong

sbong

Ratings:
    +1
    Actually it is pretty decent. The sounds and graphics are meh, but the stages´, (except finland ****ing sucks i dont know it doesnt look anything like finland. and i live there.) and the game is not yet well optimized you need a pretty beefy computer to run it high and get stable fps. But it is 100x better than wrc 7

• Like Like x 1
  14. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +610
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/wrc-8-review

Verdict

WRC 8 is a rock-solid rally racer that’s now looming very large in the rearview mirror of current off-road kingpin Dirt Rally 2.0. It’s still not quite as beautiful or broad as the latter but the additions made on top of WRC 7 – particularly the dynamic weather and the vastly improved career mode – are real game changers.

I knew it.
    :giggle:

15. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +97
    Been playing WRC8 a bit more.
    The default setups are terrible, you really need change the setup to make the car more responsive and aggressive for a fun rally drive - from under to more oversteering, get the tail loose. Default they are controller boring.

Wheel, takes some tweaking to get tight.
    Still not as tight as I would like, including throttle and brake.

Stages are a strong point, adding a fun rally game, not replacing the DR-series.

IMO

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Ludwig von Mises

Ludwig von Mises

Ratings:
    +46
    This is what a lot of the trolling and fanboyism is having a hard time understanding. That there is no problem having multiple good rally games. There is no need to "replace" DR2.0. Personally I find WRC 8 to be superior in many aspects, but that doesn't make DR2.0 a no-play, uninstall-right-now kind of game. Both are worthy of their share of my hard drive.

I am extremely disappointed with the direction Codemasters is going as a company, and competition will be good for them. But even more importantly, that competition will be good for us, the gamers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marçal Bonet Andreu

Marçal Bonet Andreu

Ratings:
    +23
    The game is very good.
    Sounds need to improve though... sounds good but not so much inmersive in my opinion.
    Physics not bad, really fun to drive, but I feel so much grip on asphalt stages...wrc7 is crap on physics.
    Stages are the best I've seen on a rally game so far and all 2019 rallyes + special stages of each one, dynamic weather also very good aswell. Career mode is nice.

It's an essential rally game for me.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bitto69

Bitto69

Ratings:
    +14
    also for me the stages are fantastic.
    the handbrake better than wrc 7
    still have to work on the physics of the game.
    germany at night with heavy rain ........ try it

• Like Like x 1
  19. Goes To 11

Goes To 11

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm pretty happy with the game since I've figured out some settings for my wheel.

20. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +610
    Honestly... only tiny complain about WRC 8 for me would be a rather average graphic. And not so great optimisation. Dirt 2 is much better on both.
    I feel like graphic department is the field in which this series has improved the least. But this is official WRC game thou... :inlove:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.