WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah, great video. It made me laugh when you were like, no way is the world this big! :D

WRC9 Mods v2.0 will have full free roam in the car and also and full free photo camera, as seen in my WRC8/9 screen shots. Its like flying a drone, great fun for exploring.

Last edited:
Yeah, great video. It made me laugh when you were like, no way is the world this big! :D

WRC9 Mods v2.0 will have full free roam in the car and also and full free photo camera, as seen in my WRC8/9 screen shots. Its like flying a drone, great fun for exploring.

Im worried about modding 9 cause I am participating in the WRC scouting thing. I know Im not going to get anywhere near the top but I am still going to try...and Im 32yrs old so it really doesn't matter but I still want to try and get like top 100 in an event or so.

I can get top 10-20 worldwide on some stages in dirt rally 2.0 but I'm new to WRC's handling (much more realistic feeling to me).

Great work on these mods though, they really are well packaged. I like the physics of wrc 9 already and wrc 8 isn't horrible unmodded but it definitely needs some work, Im glad you are addressing that and tweaking things. I did end up going back to the factory physics though due to the cars in 8 feeling somewhat sluggish with the extra gravity implemented. I messed with the gearing and made it shorter and that helped a lot but my top speed suffered as a result.

The graphics side of the mods are great too! I didn't really showcase that stuff because I felt like graphics improvements would be the first things people would look for with this kind of mod. The free roam aspect really caught my eye because one of my biggest complaints with rally games is they reset you too quickly. Sometimes right when you think you are going to get back on track it resets you and adds another penalty on top of the time you already actually took to get back on track. I understand why KT does this but it really breaks the immersion and gives some very unrealistic results. I think you only get a 5-10 second penalty for driving off a cliff and you get reset to the center of the course with no damage sometimes. That same mistake irl, you would never be able to recover from...that should just be considered a dnf or an entire rally over imo.

The games have built-in protection so you can't cut across the stages and shave off time. It wont let you cross the finish with any results unless you go all the way back to where you went off the path initially and restart from there; so I dont understand why this mod isn't allowed online...it honestly takes more time to get back on track after a mistake with this mod on most of the time.

Anyway, once wrc 10 comes out, I will definitely start kodding wrc 9 more.

Whoa boy.....Just tried the latest WRC 8 Mods after driving in WRC 9 very heavily since release.

The cars do not rotate as easily....lol. Definitely have to make sure you are in the right gear as well! Will take me some time to re-calibrate my brain and reactions.

But MY GOD does tarmac feel absolutely AMAZING! It is just brilliant, the weight of the car, the feel of the feedback, everything.

Hello, I installed all files for the EPIC version, deactivated the antivirus. But as the game launches and play in the background, I keep getting this message referring to missing files on a different drive than where WRC is installed.

Attachments

• error wrc8.png
    error wrc8.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
A bit old but, when that asphalt stage in Wales comes up the same day you have a gravel stage, you are forced to use aspahlt tyres in wet gravel which is... less than ideal... I had to abandon.
Just to let you know,

This is exactly the conditions the real drivers have to face, too.
Yeah, but if you install that part of the mod you can't do the asphalt stage on gravel tyres, which can handle asphalt better than the opposite (in the game at least), and then keep the gravel tyres for the gravel stage later.
It's just a trade off on installing the mod.

Last edited:
Hello. I've got a small problem with saving presets (screenshoot). What should I do to "repair" this problem?

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 102
I just got this game for free from Amazon Prime Games. Which version (if any) can I use? I just tried the Epic Store version and it says it's incompatible. I'm not going to bother downloading the Steam version unless someone here tells me it will work.

BTW, no more worries with installing and playing with this mod, since all online features of WRC8 have been removed by the developers.

EDIT: Since no one is paying any attention to this thread anymore, I thought I would pop back in and say that I tried the Steam version and it also DOES NOT work. So, I guess if you got the Amazon Gaming version (for free) you're out of luck trying to install this mod. It simply wont work!

Last edited:
I just got this game for free from Amazon Prime Games. Which version (if any) can I use? I just tried the Epic Store version and it says it's incompatible. I'm not going to bother downloading the Steam version unless someone here tells me it will work.

BTW, no more worries with installing and playing with this mod, since all online features of WRC8 have been removed by the developers.

EDIT: Since no one is paying any attention to this thread anymore, I thought I would pop back in and say that I tried the Steam version and it also DOES NOT work. So, I guess if you got the Amazon Gaming version (for free) you're out of luck trying to install this mod. It simply wont work!
Same...

I got this installed but I can't get my Xbox One controller to work with it at all. No buttons are detected once the mod is installed. Steam version, by the way.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back