WRC 8 Mods

WRC8 WRC 8 Mods v11.0 = DRIVERS EDITION = (EPIC STORE)

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please no more discussion about WRC 9 in this thread.

New discussion thread here :thumbsup:

Hi AgentHex 0007,

Life is strange, I couldn't wait anymore for the WRC9 MOD so I decided yesterday, to reinstall WRC 8 with your MOD
When I played the game with the wheel, I then stopped and pressed the pause button... My reaction was like this : OMFG ! It's so excellent ! If you remember I played with your early mod and made some videos. It was already very good. But you always improved it and I haven't tested it yet. (I returned to the old RBR with the new FMOD sound and it was a blast...)

I did some run in WRC 8 Monte Carlo, Tarmac and the reaction of the car is real. When I watch the replay, it's like real life , excepting for the engine sound as usual and the suspensions, I mean when we brake, the weight of the car goes in the front and we should see the noise of the car going down, it's not the case....
I can't say enough how good is your work....

I do imagine that it takes time and lot of effort during your free time.
You are a genious, the devs Team should hire you :thumbsup:
Thank you so much AgentHex, you are a master !

OK, now that's said, you released finally the MOD for WRC 9.
I can't wait to try it. I played the default game without any mod but I didn't like it, the car behavior is strange. The good thing is the sounds, a bit better but that's it.

Now, I know what I will do next : Playing WRC 9 with your MOD. Thank you for this release just before the week-end ! :)

I will post in your new discussion thread for my feedback and some new videos.
Again Thank you , Thank you, Thank you, you are the best !

Cheers ^^

Last edited:
Thanks, WRC8 was good fun to play with.

At the moment there are only some slight Mods to the WRC9 physics, I have concentrated more on the visuals for the past months of work.

In WRC9 physics mods I only adjust a few of the cars settings and give the ability to choose grip levels for tarmac and gravel. Also the Pro tyre mod which gives more bias to the front tyres to help simulate the rear sliding out on corners. Over the next weeks I will play more and add more mods

Last edited:
I returned to the old RBR with the new FMOD sound and it was a blast...

Fun fact for you, I was the first person to ever make a mod for Richard Burns Rally, way back in 2004 :D

It was called "EASY MODE v1.1 by AgentHex" I still have it here in a folder on my hard drive.
Here is the readme file haha :roflmao:

Code:
================================================================
   Richard Burns Rally PC - Easy Mode v1.1 mod by AgentHeX 0007
================================================================

These mod files will make it easy for you to complete all of the championships/challenges and open up all of the cars and tracks.

The mod is also good fun because you are now able to blast around the tracks at insane speeds without getting
spun round by the slightest rear end clip on a tree, getting stuck on tree stumps etc. and having to call for assistance all the time.

This will also act as kind of a "learning mode" until you are ready to take on the full un-modded challenge!

Have fun ;)

=========
THE MODs:
=========

* Damage:
   Your car does not receive any damage at all, even when realistic damage is turned on.

* Collisions:
   Many object collisions have been disabled (signs, trees, fences, etc.)
   So be prepared for some wild high speed crashes as there are no tree collisions to stop the car rolling!
   This also makes Rally School a little easier.

* Track Intruders (Camera Men/Animals):
   The pesky camera men and animals on the track have been removed and also some of the spectators.

* High Times 1:
   Richard Burns Challenge times are set very high so they are easy to beat.

* High Times 2:
   The default stage times are set high so are easy to beat.

* Bad AI:
   The computer drivers are all extremely bad and will not finish a race, making it easy for you to win!

* NOTE:
   To win the championships all you have to do is play through them,
   finish each stage in any time you want as long as you do finish.
   Remember, DON'T kill any spectators or marshals because even though
   the other drivers may be out of the rally you wont be the winner
   if you are out of the rally too!

======
USAGE:
======
Copy all of the included files into the "SCi Games" directory. (NOT the "Richard Burns Rally" directory!)

To use, simply double click on the following...

EASY_MODE_ON_CAMERA_MEN_OFF_CAR_DAMAGE_ON.bat  - camera men/animals OFF, car damage ON,  collisions OFF, Bad AI,  high times.
EASY_MODE_ON_CAMERA_MEN_OFF_CAR_DAMAGE_OFF.bat - camera men/animals OFF, car damage OFF, collisions OFF, Bad AI,  high times.
EASY_MODE_ON_CAMERA_MEN_ON__CAR_DAMAGE_ON.bat  - camera men/animals ON,  car damage ON,  collisions OFF, Bad AI,  high times.
EASY_MODE_ON_CAMERA_MEN_ON__CAR_DAMAGE_OFF.bat - camera men/animals ON,  car damage OFF, collisions OFF, Bad AI,  high times.
EASY_MODE_OFF_CAMERA_MEN_OFF_CAR_DAMAGE_ON.bat - camera men/animals OFF, car damage ON,  collisions ON,  Good AI, high times OFF.

EASY_MODE_OFF.bat                              - All Mods OFF, (Re-installs all of the games original files)

======
NOTES:
======
This mod was made using files from the original retail version of the game.
Future versions of the game (ie. patched) may be incompatible with this mod.

This mod DOES NOT alter your saves in any way, so it is safe to use with existing save games.

Saved replays created when using the mods appear to be compatible with the un-modded game.

If instaling from an earlier version of this mod please delete the old patch files 1st.

Last edited:
Fun fact for you, I was the first person to ever make a mod for Richard Burns Rally, way back in 2004 :D

It was called "EASY MODE v1.1 by AgentHex" I still have it here in a folder on my hard drive.
Here is the readme file haha :roflmao:
I should have known this at the time I played this game :D
Do you also have an "Easy Mode" for Dirt Rally 1 or 2? Easier to beat AI times would be enough.

hi there mate
i have a fonts problem in installing the mod
a little bit of help please...
image_2021-02-14_134030.png

Yeah, there is so much in the world that the player will never see.

Also when viewed from above using debug freecam you can see that many levels are made from satellite photos of the real world and then the 3D game world is built on top of it.

No you are not banned.

If you followed the included instructions, simply delete the game folder and copy your backed up files back to the games directory. If you did not make a backup, delete the game folder and download the game again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing