Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Let me preface this with saying that I haven't played a rally game since the Colin Mcrae 4/5 days on the original xbox. So on the graphics front, to me, they look pretty damn good. I do get some stuttering on certain stages at a certain point but not to concerning for me. The things I'm disappointed about with this game are even though they have all 13 countries of the WRC, there's really one stage per country(2 for the ones that have a super special stage). They just took a long stage and broke into 3 parts and then we run them all forwards and reverse.
I just started a WRC 2 career and in the first rally at Monte Carlo my meteorologist forecasts rain for stage 2 but the game wouldn't let me use the wet asphalt tires. So I run the first stage on the dry tires and I'm way off the pace. I looked at what tires the AI guys were using and shocker.....they were all on wets! I also did a test at Monte Carlo in wet weather and with it set to snow storm, each case the wet asphalt tires are the fastest, so I'm not sure when we're supposed to use the special "Monte Carlo only" snow & ice asphalt tires.

I've watched your video and the behaviour of the car is much more realistic.
We can see the improvement of the pysics. It remind me RBR.
I have posted some comments as well on your Youtube channel.

About the link. I don't like FB. I used my old account used ages ago. I've joined your group as well.
A direct google drive link is more appreciated and we can support your Youtube Channel ;)

Just downloaded. I will try it and leave my Feedback.
By the way, if you can change/improve the sound (engine, exhaust, effects....

Someone wrote this :
"Please replace water puddle sound with ... a muted zero byte length wav file. :)"
Hahaha so true ! if you can change that. It's like someone is shooting on you with a big gun ^^
Hahaha

More people should support you.
This year, we have a good official WRC game and the french guys did a very good Job.
Previous WRC series was a joke
People who love SIM rally game should appreciate this one.
On Youtube, some big sim racers are making a serie about his game.

The tracks in the game are just amazing in each country.
I like DIRT Rally serie but there is something missing.

RBR is still the best but the graphics and sound are old school.

Already thank you for your Mod and keep up your good work.

WRC 8 can be a reference.

Yeah, for the days I was thinking the same. It almost seems like, cause it's last (in the season) maybe they must rush it out, you know...:rolleyes: they had tight schedule to follow, game release date was determined a long ago...

Ok, it's a long shot but hey... who knows, right ? :D
I mean, really... look at the Mexico, Monte Carlo, Turkey and almost all the rest of countries... they all look like they come from WRC 9 or something. While poor Down under country looks like it's been made as a daily school project for 4th grades. :alien:

When you see it, you'll know it. It's not Australia. :unsure:

It certainly doesn't look like this.

DR 2 does though.

Believe it or not, in career you have to unlock the wet asphalt tires in the skill tree before you can use them.
You're f@cking sh!tting me!!! It's the first rally and I can only earn 1 R&D point before I enter it(and if you do the career tutorial, then the game makes you use it on getting a meteorologist). So when you start off your career, if it rains in Monte Carlo you're just SOL, brilliant bigben/kylotonn. Didn't think real life race teams needed so much research to go buy wet tires.

I hear you brother. It IS stupid.
That's why I can't afford to spend my precious time on this mind boggling career mode, I play that one season option instead.
If I want RTS I would just pick up Skyrim instead. =P

[QUOTE = "jason_peters, post: 3056638, miembro: 1115"] Bueno si alguien puede ponerlo aquí o en una unidad de Google [/ QUOTE]
el archivo de física se cargará al grupo mañana para que pueda probarlo. También se incluyen en este archivo el nuevo sistema de colisiones, daños y cámaras. Todavía estoy trabajando en el mod de sonido y algunas otras cosas.

Hi,
I'm on PC and asking if someone out there have some Car Setups to share.

Have to admit, i'm not so clever to setup cars properly, maybe someone can share setups or advise me how to make some good setups.

Brgds
Stein-ove

Quote Leviatan

The physics file will be uploaded to the group tomorrow so you can try it. Also included in this file are the new system of collisions, damages and cameras. I'm still working on the sound mod and some other things tomorrow I will upload the links
———————

many thanks :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%