WRC 8 and Car Setups

Bakern

1RPM
Mar 21, 2014
Hi,
I'm on PC and asking if someone out there have some Car Setups to share.

Have to admit, i'm not so clever to setup cars properly, maybe someone can share setups or advise me how to make some good setups.

Brgds
Stein-ove

Eric Jaeger

2012 GP2 Champion
Aug 18, 2012
Not sure what car or rally you're looking to find a setup for but I think I've come up with a pretty good tarmac setup for the Yaris@Monte Carlo(just set the fastest time on the La Bollene-Vesuby reverse stage). Personally, in the WRC category, I think the Yaris feels the best with the Hyundai pretty close 2nd. And they seem to respond to the same setup in similar ways, where as the Ford & Citroen feel like they understeer more. Looking for some feedback on this, especially with the differentials. I'm still trying to figure those out and the descriptions the game uses seem a bit convoluted. So any changes you guys want to make feel free, and please share since none of us are race engineers, or have one(except maybe Jon Armstrong:rolleyes:), we could all use a little help.
RD doesn't allow the file format of the setups to be uploaded so here's a google drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/15eZiRgbTTzsKgrepVx2fiC9jrWz22phD/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Bakern

1RPM
Mar 21, 2014
Not sure what car or rally you're looking to find a setup for but I think I've come up with a pretty good tarmac setup for the Yaris@Monte Carlo(just set the fastest time on the La Bollene-Vesuby reverse stage). Personally, in the WRC category, I think the Yaris feels the best with the Hyundai pretty close 2nd. And they seem to respond to the same setup in similar ways, where as the Ford & Citroen feel like they understeer more. Looking for some feedback on this, especially with the differentials. I'm still trying to figure those out and the descriptions the game uses seem a bit convoluted. So any changes you guys want to make feel free, and please share since none of us are race engineers, or have one(except maybe Jon Armstrong:rolleyes:), and we could all use a little help.
RD doesn't allow the file format of the setups to be uploaded so here's a google drive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/15eZiRgbTTzsKgrepVx2fiC9jrWz22phD/view?usp=sharing
Thanks. I'm gonna check out this. ;)

Well, what car or rally i was looking for? Mostly i drive WRC and WRC2 cars, no favorite yet, so basically any setup for tarmac and gravel is more than welcome. :)

And i greatly appreciate that you take your time to share this. :thumbsup:

Jason Murphy

50RPM
Sep 25, 2010
Im having issues on some of the bumpy stages in Wales, etc. The car porpoises like crazy, like the rebound is way off or something. Im still testing things, but if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, the understeer on entry is still a problem, is there anyway to get rid of some of it?

toweleeie

75RPM
Oct 31, 2009
Im having issues on some of the bumpy stages in Wales, etc. The car porpoises like crazy, like the rebound is way off or something. Im still testing things, but if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, the understeer on entry is still a problem, is there anyway to get rid of some of it?
the only way i could get rid of the understeer was to limit the FPS and turn off vsync
as for wales, iv some decent setups that got me a top ten time on the leaderboards

setups are very subjective, what works for one person doesnt always works for some one else. the best way to stop the car bouncing about on Wales is to anticipate the 'bumps' and back off slightly in these areas, but i know meself, it aint so easy to see them, and as the speed rises, the bumps get bigger hahahaa

wrc car setup.png

downforce is set to 10
if you want a RBR feel, change downforce to 40 front, 0 rear and slap the hard tyres on, turn off ABS.

i think iv tweeked the anti roll to 2front 3rear

Last edited:

toweleeie

75RPM
Oct 31, 2009
heres me tarmac setup. change gearbox to 4 aero once again is maxed out. lower the ride height to what is shown, think im running 12 and 14 now ;)
wrc8tarmac2setup.png

Eric Jaeger

2012 GP2 Champion
Aug 18, 2012

I'm guessing this is happening because the rebound is set too low on the baseline setup and when you land from a jump there's not enough rebound dampening to keep the stored energy in the spring from extending the shock quickly. So I'd suggest turning up the rebound dampening(unfortunately they didn't give us high and low speed settings or a HBS which would make tuning for jumps much easier). Of course the drawback to higher rebound dampening is when leaving the jump it will take longer for the shock to fully extend before the landing, so too high a rebound might not work so good on those little jumps where you only come off the ground briefly. I'd also increase the roll bars, for some reason every baseline setup for every car on every surface has the RBs at 0, pretty sure that's not right. Like toweleeie said, it's also how you drive over the jumps. I've started lifting slightly and giving a dab of the brakes right before the crest which seems to help keep the car level on take off and landing.

As for the understeer you can: increase the rear RB higher than the front, raise the rear ride height higher than the front. If it's understeer on exit you're trying to eliminate you can increase the rear diff preload or increase the rear diff accel setting. If you having trouble with understeer on entry you can try increasing the rear diff braking setting, move the brake bias more to the rear, soften the front springs relative to the rear, or lower the front RB. Personally, I like running with the rear diff braking at 70-80 and the brake bias at 40-45. So when I'm braking into a corner, right at the point I'm about to turn in I press the brake a little harder to slightly lock the rear wheels which gives just enough rotation at turn in to get the car pointed where I want to go.

Reactions: toweleeie

gamer19

2000RPM
Aug 28, 2012

About car behave weird while airborne... I've said that quite long time ago:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-2-0-yas-marina-wrx-released.174090/#post-3054397

For understeer problem - maybe to set brake bias more towards the back, that's way you should have more overseer in entry and easier weight shifting.

Last edited:

Eric Jaeger

2012 GP2 Champion
Aug 18, 2012
Hi, how to open those shared files? extension .WRCS
After downloading the file, just drop the setup in the folder in the pic and should be available in the setup menu next time you start up the game.
Screenshot (72).png

I have noticed that for some reason the devs only let us have 5 setups available for a given car/surface. Once I get 5 setups for a car it greys out the "Save As" button.