• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8: ADAC Rallye Deutschland Video

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 17, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,598
    Bigben Games have released replay footage from the upcoming WRC 8 around a stage of the 2019 ADAC Rallye Deutschland location.

Having recently run a community day for WRC eSport players using an alpha version of the in development WRC 8 title, WRC eSport driver WED Subee203 managed to get his hands on the virtual Citroën C3 WRC around one of the ultra fast German tarmac stages, and Bigben decided to release the replay of his run for us all to enjoy.

WRC 8 is set to feature the full 2019 FIA World Rally Championship and will come complete with no less than 14 rallies across over 100 special stages - recreating the real world series in what is the latest in a very long running and increasingly improving game franchise.

As well as all the locations from this years WRC, the game will also include cars from the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship and a selection of WRC 2 and Junior WRC drivers, plus a nice smattering of machinery from the history of the category.

WRC 8.jpg

WRC 8 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on September 2019.

For more WRC 8 news and discussion, head over to the WRC 8 sub forum and connect with fellow fans of the series.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 2
  2. er185

er185

Ratings:
    +59

3. Haris82

Haris82

Ratings:
    +110
    Any better than WRC 7?
    Doesn`t look like anything than minor graphics improvements... Same bad car sounds, robo codriver and strange floating physics...
    They still have time to improve all of that, and I really hope they do...

4. Ludwig von Mises

Ludwig von Mises

Ratings:
    +38
    I honestly believe this video is an unintentional leak of an internal dev build. As a "beta" it looks 10x worse than the alpha footage.

5. RufGTI

RufGTI

Ratings:
    +125
    Very kind of the rocks not to hang into the route...

6. biggabusta

biggabusta

Ratings:
    +12
    This looks like an Xbox 360 game...

7. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah, graphically is not the best... Physics? Tarmac is 100% better than Dirt Rally 2 and Gravel looks good, and if wheel spin is real enough on RWD (Dirt Rally 2 is hit and miss on many cars), it will be much better than DR2 and it really seems that they want to make a real sim. Car has power and slides realistically. Much better than WRC7. You guys are blind.

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh, don't forget dynamic weather.

9. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10
    Suspension also is improved, and much better than DR2 rock like suspension and tank cars.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10
    Might be next RBR.

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10

1:23 Tyre Model deformation!! Enough said ahaha!! No floating tarmac and finally a modern rally game with this feature! I am really betting on Kylloton

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BloodSinking

BloodSinking

Ratings:
    +10

Look at this and tell me where this game looks that off... The 3rd person camera isn't well representative of the car movement, just as the one in Assetto Corsa, where it sways too much

13. Bruno Iwanczuk

Bruno Iwanczuk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Need For Speed has better tarmac physics than Dirt Rally 2.

This game seems to be a sucessor of SLRE. Physics looks good, tarmac seems grippy, stage design is as awesome as SLRE.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bruno Iwanczuk

Bruno Iwanczuk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    RBR has been already killed by SLRE. So, SLRE sucessor.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  15. 69Harder

69Harder
    Banned

Ratings:
    +36
    SLRE doesn't support multiple controllers which disqualifies it completely !

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Zoltan76

Zoltan76
    Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    I must be blind for sure, but this looks awesome and better than DR2. The smoke dissapears too fast and trees are not moving, but still... So the graphics is great. I must be deaf completely but the sound is almost indistinguisable from the IRL footage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fabio Aragão RD

Fabio Aragão RD

Ratings:
    +7
    No VR no buy

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Greg Latty

Greg Latty

Ratings:
    +317
    this and every rally game that came out after RBR. ;) Lets not get our hopes up... again.. Lets just hope that it is at the very least a "good" rally game. Doesn't have to be the second coming of RBR. But PLEEEAASE let there be multiple controller support. SLRE was the single most disappointing game I have ever purchased because i couldn't even play it. And the developers completely abandoned it after 2 months. This looks like it has potential, although the "coming to the Switch" aspect of it gives me a arcade vibe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. UnixRoot

UnixRoot

Ratings:
    +87
    Wake me up, if this happens. As a German I believe the completion of the BER airport is more realistic than a new RBR.

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  20. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +3,565
    Looks like proper external replays for the first time too.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.