Portada 1.0.png

Thanks hckhart I’m not sure but I also think that it’s because of the level where I’m now. Problem solve now thanks to this guy in another forum the problem is when you re map your wheel the inputs in that menu doesn’t work quite right so is better to use your keyboard to navigate that menu
Could you tell me how to switch tabs with the keyboard in advanced setup? I can't seem to find the keys on it to switch from front to the rear suspension or the brake tab for example.

Hi All,
Picked this game up on sale as DR2 didn't impress me enough to warrant a buy, great game once you get your wheel dialed in. Seeing a lot of people seem to struggle with the defaults I share my wheel settings here so others that initially weren't impressed with the FFB/physics can feel the difference. I already had one other user on RD saying it worked good for him, so I thought why not share the luv.

CpB3De7.jpg

aGOe9Rm.jpg

Also I can second this advice:
To make WRC ffb feel better you need spring and damper in the wheel on. Then its ok as default settings.

I've added 25% spring & damper plus enabled centre spring at 75% and feels much better on my G27. Only thing I find is steering can feel like has a deadzone so put steering sensitivity at 75% ehich has helped.

Been surprised by WRC7 as it is a lot of fun with some great stages - although not tried them all. Sheer drops at roadside on Mexico stage are nerve jangling.

I'd put Spring to 100, if you disable it the FFB is like a dead fish. So 75 is.... 25% dead? Not sure though, maybe 75 could work?

With dampers it's a bit mixed bag. The wheel feels in some situations better, if the damper is 0. It's more loose and responsive, but then there's violent jolts in some bumps etc... which feel better by Damper 100, but then the FFB is mushy and less responsive. That's kind of my main issue with whole WRC7, no damper setting feels totally right.

I think the devs intended both to be at 100 but I wish WRC8 wouldn't rely on either effects, especially Damper. It's perfectly possible to create great FFB without using either effects. For example Automobilista uses neither effects, even AC uses damper for standstill, but AMS has actually better standstill effect, you feel actual tyre flex even when the car doesn't move, when AC it's just dead resistance

Same problem with Forza Horizon 4, these "non-sim" devs seem to love their springs and dampers... and build their FFB around that. Then if you try to disable damping, all hell breaks loose

Last edited:
It is (IMO) a way better game (and sim) than many people give it credit for, yes. It has technical issues (though far less than it had at launch) and people dislike the developers, but other than that, it is kinda unfairly slammed by the community.

I'm very much looking forward to WRC8, every single release of the series since Kylotonn took over (with WRC5) was better and better, so hopefully WRC8 improves things further still.

Same goes for the Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO, IMO. Also a great game with great feel at times, but it also has certain issues and people dislike the developers, so again, it gets slammed by the community :(

yep, stages are brilliant while gameplay with wheel is a bit of a shot in the dark. but i'm happy, picked it up for a discount some time back and never regretted it (well, almost, the UI commands being linked to game controllers is really a pain with wheel and keyboard …)

Gone with 100 for centering spring and feels reasonable to me yet 'feel' is so subjective to each person. Do find have to change steering sensitivity slightly for different Rally conditions although I think better option might be to reduce or increase wheel rotation. Settled at 460 in game and 900 in logitech profiler.

Took sometime to sort wheel settings etc yet no worse than some other games and enjoying it so far and at £6.99 bit of a bargain.

One thing is annoying I have camera set to cockpit/very close yet doesn't always start every stage with that camera so have to button press camera view back to cockpit. Anyone know is it possible to edit file so defaults to cockpit?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%