WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

What wheel are you using? With the Fanatec CSW v2, the FFB will rip your arms off. This is the second time I've heard that the stages are too wide so I went back to play Dirt Rally for comparison and I found that many of the stages are just as wide. Not sure what game you're using as reference.

Well that's the problem with our world you see sport its not idiots like them keep screwing people, its not your bad government, its not the Illuminati crap, ITS people like you promoting and bending over and taking any crap they get.
F1 2015 is a good game now... WELL...
WRC 5 is good game...WOW;
Just wanted to post to say that no matter how bad WRC 5 is, I'm going to buy it and tell you about it just so it pisses you off.

Not sure I have ever come across a more horrid member of a gaming forum.

Well after seeing this listed for a reasonable price i decided what the heck and brought it, more just to see why it has such differing opinions than anything else, but i have hit a brick wall with my wheel and pedal setup and have yet not been able to drive the cars.

I have a Fanatec CSW v1, which i believe is on the list of supported wheels but my CSP v2 pedals are connected via its own USB connection rather than being connected to the wheel base.

The option in the settings for controllers is greyed out and as such i can not assign anything so only keyboard control is available.

I was wondering could this be down to the way i have my hardware setup and is there a chance i may have better luck if i connect the pedals to the wheel base.

Any help or advice would be very handy.

Thanks.

Jason.

Ok looks like patch 1.06 now address the stand alone USB pedal issue so that's one problem down.

But I still can not enter a steering input in the controllers setup menu.

I have the Fanatec CSW with BMW rim. It finds the buttons ok but no matter the rotation I set it at and how many times I spin the wheel in any direction the game will not see my wheel steering axis.

At least I have got the car off the start line now, well at least until the first turn !

Any quick tips. I have tried to contact the developer by email to properly explain the issue but alas no reply as of yet.

Thanks.

Jason.

after the last patch i tried & tested with TX + CSR Elite pedals & it works, went ahead & bought it just now. i ran one stage very quickly & tbh, given i had very low expectations, was well enough impressed.

a bit disappointed after reading the above post though, 6 patches in and still no support for a major device doesnt speak too well...

wrc5.jpg

New rally title WRC 5 from Kylotonn Games has received its latest update bringing the title to version 1.07 and features numerous performance enhancements and bug fixes, including much needed support added for several items of racing hardware.

Now including support for the Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake, Fanatec ClubSport Shifter and Logitech G920 Wheel, the latest patch requires some additional work for some users to ensure full functionality use with the title.

For Windows 10 users who may have encountered issues with their Logitech G25 / G27wheels:

If your G25 or G27 doesn't work on Windows 10 you may have a driver installation problem. Here is a method to install the drivers correctly on Windows 10:
  1. Download correct driver from Logitech website
  2. Go to one of these link depending on your wheel:
  3. G25: http://support.logitech.com/en_au/product/g25-racing-wheel
  4. G27: http://support.logitech.com/en_au/product/g27-racing-wheel
  5. Very important: You must choose Windows 8 as the operating system in the drop down list.
  6. Install the driver
  7. Navigate to the folder where you saved the driver to. You should have a file called lgs510_x64.exe or lgs510.exe depending on the version you selected.
  8. Right click the file and click on "properties". Then select the "compatibility" tab.
  9. Tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for: choose "Windows 7".
  10. Launch the executable. The installation should work and the drivers should be ok.
  11. Your wheel should now work fine in the game.

The patch 1.07 for WRC 5 is available on Steam! Here is the list of changes:

Performance:
  • DX9 - DX11 VSync bug fix
  • DX11 refresh rates bug fix
Bug fixing:
  • Respawn distance correction
  • Fixed replay camera for Citroen DS3
  • No more pad vibrations during replay
  • Achievements bug fix when giving up a race
  • Car settings bug fix : gearbox ratio is now correct
  • Multiplayer lobby bug fix
Tweaks:
  • Some sounds improvements
  • Higher “clear weather” probability
  • Removed co-driver shock reactions
Wheels & Controllers:
  • Support for Logitech G920
  • Added support for Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake as separate USB
  • Added support for Fanatec ClubSport Shifter (plugged on wheel or as separate USB)
  • Refined pad vibrations

As a recap, please find below the full list of supported wheels on PC:

Logitec:

Driving Force Pro
Driving Force GT
G25
G27
G29
G920

Thrustmaster:
T80
T100
T150 RS
T300 RS
T500 RS
TX Racing Wheel
TH8A Add-On Shifter

Fanatec:
ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR
CSR Wheel
ClubSport Pedals V2
ClubSport Shifter USB
ClubSport HandBrake USB

Last edited by a moderator:
wrc 5.jpg

Kylotonn Games have made available details of an upcoming patch for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 regarding the latest game from the WRC franchise, WRC 5.

With a planned release date of December 4th, the latest patch should bring the Xbox One and PS4 copy of the game up to version 1.00 and promises to feature a host of much anticipated improvements and fixes.

"Feedback from the WRC and racing community is very important for us as it helps to understand what they are expecting and where we did not achieve the best results,” Alain Jarniou, Game Director of WRC 5 stated.

"One of the major issues we encountered at the launch concerned steering wheel compatibility on Playstation 4 and Xbox One, which is going to be solved with this update.

"The patch will also correct other minor bugs in order to improve the racing experience. The PC version has already received several updates, but consoles workflow and validation systems make things a little bit longer and we’re sure game players will notice the big improvement. Of course, we do not forget Playstation 3 users who will receive an update as well but later. The console's workflow and validation systems make things a little bit longer and we’re sure game players will notice the big improvement".​

A further update for the PS3 version is due for release at a later date.

WRC 5 – Xbox One and Playstation 4 Patch 1.0 – Release notes

Common to all platforms:
Inputs:

• D-Pad can be used for steering.
  • Add option to configure steering wheel rotation angle.
  • Wheel max angle set in real time when modifying value in menus.
  • Fix UI actions not being bound on steering wheels.

Gameplay corrections:
  • Penalty system changed: Penalty is no more a 30s malus on the first mistake but is now a smaller cumulative time malus.
  • SS2 Monte Carlo time corrected: this stage is now easier to win.
  • Force feedback bug fix when going in reverse.
  • Disable codriver shock voice event.
  • Pad vibrations are stronger and redesigned
  • Respawn system correction: to avoid exploits, « back on track » system now teleports on the last road section left and not the closest.
  • Sound enhancements: more drifts / public / surfaces feedbacks.

Fixes:
  • Crash fix with non-ASCII characters in nickname / multiplayer name.
  • Fix Chardonnet helmet.
  • End replay bug fix: rankings do not change anymore when replay is finished.
  • Vehicle and Copilot sounds bug fix after a replay.

PC Specific:
  • Crash fix (keyboard/game pad conflict).

PS4 Specific:
  • Fix Thrustmaster steering wheel Force FeedBack (FFB) management.
  • Add Fanatec steering wheel support.
  • Add Logitech G29 support.

Xbox One specific:
  • Microsoft FFB API integrated, should work on every wheels Xbox One compatible.

With strong contender for rally king DiRT Rally, and upcoming release of Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo due early 2016 Kylotonn Games need to keep up an aggressive strategy of updates and improvements if they don't want their new title to fall too far behind its rivals before it gets the chance to really show rally fans what it can do.

Have you tried WRC 5 yet? Let us know your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
With strong contender for rally king DiRT Rally, and upcoming release of Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo due early 2016 Kylotonn Games need to keep up an aggressive strategy of updates and improvements if they don't want their new title to fall too far behind its rivals before it gets the chance to really show rally fans what it can do.

To be honest, I already think it has fallen quite far behind. And Seb Loeb Rally Evo looks like it will be a similar game but a bit better. I think Codies have won the rally game battle, not much can top DiRT Rally at the moment...

I agree pretty much. WRC 5 has the official cars and locations which obviously has its advantages, but from what I see (I'm waiting for the promised WRC demo....) DiRT has all the trump cards at this stage.

Seb Loeb rally looks a bit iffy from the videos, but again I haven't driven it yet so its unfair to comment.

Now Codies just need next years WRC licence.... :D

They've probably shown more support for their game post release than Milestone did with any of their WRC titles. To this day I believe the wrc3 menu system is still buggy as heck. ;)

As far as SLRE goes. It's a little strange they're ~ 2 months from release, yet they're showing alpha/beta footage even in their latest trailers and screenshots.

And for WRC license. I'd rather CM continue to improve upon what they already have going. Given the similarities between Milestone's WRC titles and this, I think it's easy to see what the FIA/WRC themselves want out of an official licensed game. So if CM got the WRC license, I would expect a game along the same lines of the previous WRC titles.

Despite Dirt Rallye and the classic Rallye games no rallye game ever has looked good enough in terms of physics or anything. I doubt WRC 5 will change that.
Seeing that not even the textures eem to have got the love a good game should get... Nope. Patches wont save that game.

Of course there is room for improvement however for a game which physics lead Mark Reynolds stated was developed in 12 months, Kylotonn Games haven't done a bad job at all - they've created a better experience than any of the Milestone made WRC games.

Dirt Rally has years of development behind it so I'd expect CM to make a decent rally sim plus they've listened to the feedback of the early access buyers (myself included).

I have to agree the CM getting the WRC licence may not be that good an idea . all we would have then is yet another serialized game like the F1 series.
Not sure how they would go about the classic content or the WRX & Hill Climb bits.
The FIA would like something that focused on only the current era & not to much old stuff.
That would only show up the short comings of the current style of Rallying.

I have no idea how long the current Developers hold the rights for with Mile stone it was 4 or five years I seem to remember.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back