WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

I doubt it be better than Codemasters Dirt Rally though !

Mikaela Andersson said:
It's Codemasters so obviously NOT a sim, not even remotely close.
RBR is now 11 (Eleven) years old and still King of Rally Sims.

FFB is terrible just like the Road feel and this is not something Codemasters will fix with an update cause they are using the same (Arcade) game engine as the Dirt series.

Dirt Rally will probably have the same life span as the rest of Codemasters games so it will most likely be dated within a year of it's release.

Low hopes for WRC 5 then I guess...

screen1.jpg

Kylotonn Games have revealed the first Developer Diary for WRC 5, the latest installment in the official World Rally Championship series.

Click here to watch the dev diary on our RaceTube!

The video is the first extended preview of the game we have seen yet. It's the first in a series of dev diaries, and this time the focus is on car modelling.

Interestingly, you might recognize that the creative director for WRC 5 is Diego Sartori, who's worked with SimBin from 2005 to 2014, so the title seems to be in experienced hands.

You'll be able to take a look at the car modelling process in the video, from the capture of reference photos to the actual in-game recreation. The game directors also talk about correctly recreating car details depending on the upcoming rally stage - for example, the car might have different springs if it's tackling a gravel stage, and so on.

There's also a very short glimpse of the actual gameplay, but it's not enough to determine the level of realism yet. It's a busy year for rally games, between WRC 5, Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo and the Early Access surprise of Dirt Rally - will we see the true successor to Richard Burns Rally in 2015?

Sound off in the comments!

What the hell is happening we now awash with driving game/sims on the PC .
Most based on track racing , until now that is not we have 3 Rally game or sims arriving over the next few months
How will we all find the time to play all these Games.

Famine and then feast. Not that I am complaining. I just hope that Codemaster's surprise is going to prompt their competitors to step it up. But I think at least one of them may be tempted to go for the arcade clientele as a response to Codemaster focus on simulation. Regardless, it is good news. RBR is indeed getting very long in the tooth, to the point where it may not even work properly at some point. Newer games than RBR already don't work on Windows.

Curious to see how things will develop.

The issue with milestone is not so much that their games are terrible, but the fact that they seem to be happy with mediocrity. WRC3 and 4 were not bad games, they just had too many problems that were promised a fix but were never fixed. I think part of it is the yearly release schedule. By the time one come comes out they are already working on their next. They have shipped a broken game and getting reamed for it, but by a minority. They promise a fix, but there are no resources and now the new game is coming out in 6 months and previews are already out so they decide to incorporate the fixes in the new game. Except that Milestone didn't even do that, or if they did they broke other things in the process..

screenshot_wrc5_ford-m-sport_rally-guanajuato-mexico_01.jpg

KylotonnGames has published a first look to its first official rally title, WRC 5.

Click here to watch the first official gameplay video on our RaceTube!

As you can see, the trailer features a VW Polo R on a stage from the Portugal Rally. The stage itself is made of 90% gravel and 10% tarmac, according to the official website, and the racing takes place in sunny conditions at noon.

While we obviously can't play the game yet, I'll go out on a limb and say that it doesn't look bad. As usual, the quality of the handling model will be fundamental - especially with tough competition like Dirt Rally and the upcoming rival Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo. The game is still under construction, and as such, the HUD and pacenotes are nowhere to be found in the video: Kylotonn says information about those elements will come at a later date.

WRC 5 will feature 13 rallies spread across 14 countries, and will be available in September 2015 on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kylotonn for Kiloton... really now. Which 12 year old was in charge of naming the company? Says a lot coming from me of all people. All the cringe in the world happened at once... oh the pain and agony. xD

Last edited:
Why all the hate? Granted, it is not a sim, but for once it looks like an improvement in the series. The roads are sensibly wide (some angles make them looks worse) and the slow pace of the car looks promising.

Hoping for a decent arcade game. Not a direct Dirt Rally competitor, but at least a step forward from the Milestone rubbish.

Why all the hate? Granted, it is not a sim, but for once it looks like an improvement in the series. The roads are sensibly wide (some angles make them looks worse) and the slow pace of the car looks promising.

Hoping for a decent arcade game. Not a direct Dirt Rally competitor, but at least a step forward from the Milestone rubbish.
I understand that sims don't suits to all the people and have nothing against arcades. But arcade should be easy to drive/enjoy. Here I can see poor car behavior, poor sound and in this alpha stage car looks more like toy than respectfull racing hardware. All said can still be justifiable "this is arcade". But my biggest problem I have with this game is that it is official WRC game, so it should represent that great and glorious serie. But this is NOT a WRC. This is just product. At least for now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back