WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

It gets a lot of criticism simply because of the last few games in this series and because Kylotonn is a relatively unproven developer. Some people should just approach each new game with an open mind. I'm perfectly fine with the game not being 100% simulation as long as it's...wait for it...FUN!

Reactions: Rob
Kylotonn is a relatively unproven developer
With some ex-Simbin staff on board they actually have a (Kylo)ton(n) of experience in the race gaming industry. But we'll have to wait and see how much of their sim racing roots is transferred to the new game.

With some ex-Simbin staff on board they actually have a (Kylo)ton(n) of experience in the race gaming industry. But we'll have to wait and see how much of their sim racing roots is transferred to the new game.

I see what you did there, no (Kylo)pun(n) intended. ;)

Yea, I know they have a few ex-Simbin employees on board so that's why I'm optimistic.

When are they gonna make a rally game with long tracks like mobil 1 rally championship. I lost several months of my youth playing that game instead of doing my homework lol
LOL, same here.
But, silly me, I remember back then... (when I couldn't know what kind mini of rally "stages" are waiting for all of us in future) I was actually complaining:laugh: about how **cking long are those stages, which wouldn't be problem for itself but combined with amazingly:confused: narrow roads in this game, roads that often have veeery steep edges that give you no margin for error and you got youself all day long entertaintment - to finish ONE stage that's it. :x3:
You bring some memory back mate.... :inlove:
Mobil 1 Rally Championship - GameSpot (PC) 8.9/10 ; IGN (PC) 8.8/10 ! :whistling:
"The PC version is notable for the stages being based around real-life Ordnance Survey maps"
(did they do that still today? doubt and even if they do, they do for like 1/8 of the actual RL track)

Now we have advanced physic, more powerfull CPU and GPUs that can do so many more calculations then back then and some stunning, photoreal, graphic but nobody anymore gives a shi* about those long stages. Guess in this fast world we all want some QUICK fun, who got time for this gigantic stages, that you manage to finish in fifth atempt. Maybe. :)
Anyway... back to reality... 2015AD... about this... new game, sim I mean... dunno... expectations are pretty much low, clever me, so it could only be better that that. :) I hope it will have "SIM" in itself as DiRT rally.
At least.
It will not have, surprise surprise, Mobil1 Rally amazingly long stages but, at least...
it will have more than FOUR rally locations. :rolleyes:
Oh those Mobil1 RC songs... :inlove: I still use them even today. Couldn't tell you how, someone still could sue me. :sneaky:
Actually... this game would be a blast even today, only with some graphic updates perhaps.
Longest rally stage you'll ever see (20 to 25 minutes to finish):
This stage is actually from Mobil1 rally predecessor - Network-Q RAC Rally Championship.
"The longest stage in a rally game ever is this one: Pundershaw, from Network Q RAC Rally Championship. Almost 59 kilometers long, it takes 20-25 minutes to be completed, depending on the car you'll use. I used the Skoda Felicia Kit Car which is I think the slowest car in the game and I completed the stage in slightly over 25 minutes. This stage is also present in Mobil 1 Rally Championship in a shorter form and it will be featured in my next video. Enjoy the run!"

Last edited:
WRC 5 Rally Game.jpg

The release of rally game WRC 5 is close and the developers from Kylotonn have published the official system requirements for their multi-platform title.

Lead-up to the release has been a bit of a mixed bag, with gameplay trailers appearing only relatively late.

It doesn't look bad, and the later trailers have shown quite a bit of improvement compared to the early teasers. In any case, 2015 certainly has been a good year for rally games, despite the delay of Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo to 2016 and there's even more incoming, more about that soon.

WRC 5 will be out on October 16th on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. A demo (remember those?) is also in the works, though there's no release date for it yet.

Minimum specs
  • Processor: Intel® Core i3 / AMD Phenom™ II X2
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800 GTX / AMD Radeon™ HD 5750
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c, Shader Model 3
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Recommended specs
  • Processor: Intel® Core i5 2500 / AMD FX 8150
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
  • DirectX: Version 11

Nice article Alex,
I for one am cautiously optimistic about this title... the WRC deserves a good, realistic rally game and hopefully this is it..... if not, back to DiRT Rally for me :)

Mmmmmmm, do tell more :p:)

I would save your money if you are expecting full on simulation and cutting edge physics, this is a more casual affair, look at it as Dirt3 with a WRC licence....it was impossible in such a short time to develop a meaningful physics engine from scratch and claim it was "full simulation", therefore we never even started out with such an unrealistic goal, and we don't claim it is the ultimate simulation either, we will in the next incarnation however start bolting in more and more simulation aspects, before that can happen it is important to have a solid base, there is room for a fun WRC game which drives nicely without it being full sim, and also room for Dirt Rally in the same market, I play both and enjoy both for different reasons ?

What gets me with the whole gaming industry these days, it seems like when they make a console game and port it to the PC, rather than do some actual optimisation, they simply use the brute strength on offer to get the game to run.

Recommended Specs:
  • Processor: Intel® Core i5 2500 / AMD FX 8150
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX780 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290
This is a game thats run on a Xbox 360, and granted, the PC version will look better, this smacks of "Get it out of the door, Deal with problems later".

Just my 2 cents

You lost me at It doesn't look bad,

And i saw DirectX: Version 9.0c, Shader Model 3 so now i know for sure this will look like ****

WHY you guys keep giving this crap a good attention... they already screwed everyone by WRC3 and 4, AND THEY WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN... exactly like çodemaster they don't care about anyone.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN AND WAKE UP.

@Steve William , on the other hand DX9 can still look amazing. In fact it is still very capable middleware that supports very nice looking rendering.

Look to The vanishing of Ethan Carter for an example.

In this case however i think it's more a case of sloppy artist work, as well as sloppy coding. Those in car textures is a throwback to 2001 and not in a pleasant way... And lighting is miles off. It looks like that grease-stain vaseline filtering Codemasters used to use ;)

Also... GTX780 recommended. For what we see in that trailer? Really? Optimization work likely to be non existing then...

But still. IF it feels right, i am going to enjoy the official cars. No big hope for that though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%