WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 625
  • Unregistered

wrc was the best racing/rally game of the last year, throw a logitech g25 with a wheelstand pro in the mix and it was a stunning drive.
sure graphics and sound could be better but the driving physics when using a wheel are perfect, its not an arcade racer if u want that go with dirt3.
im looking forward wrc-2

• Unregistered

WRC has to be the poorest game I have ever had the miss pleasure of playing. Mile Stone & Black Bean should hold their heads down in shame for making such a poor rallying game when they have full accesses to all what is WRC, car handling unrealalistick maybe they should actually go have a drive in a rally car to see what it handles like and maybe take on some drivers from the WRC to develop it or take the learning’s of Richard Burns Rally, Black Bean did make the best rally game of all time what are they playing at and finally why would you make up tracks when you have full accesses to all the stages on the WRC, I do not want to play fairy tell stages, I want to live and breathe the real stages.
If the presentation in Greece was anything to go by which was truly shocking from its lack of passion for WRC which it has to be said do you not need some people in your team who have a passion for rally to be making this game and maybe do some preparation before your presentation instead of bumbling along trying to do it off the cuff, if you had passion and confidence for your product it would shine through.
Can Mile Stone & Black Bean pull off a miracle with a truly stunning rally game? I would not put any money on it.

The 2011 edition of the official WRC videogame will feature all rallies of the 2011 World Rally Championship calendar with all the leading WRC team and drivers.

WRC 2 -- the Official Game will feature significantly more content than its predecessor with 90 stages, 15 different locations, 25 different terrain/ weather conditions and 9 car categories. Cars will range from the 1960s to the WRC models of the current Championship and the game contains new Game Modes, a 16-player online mode, a completely revamped Career Mode and many other improvements from last year in terms of contents, gameplay features and visual effects.

The sequel to the popular WRC title is currently being developed by Milestone and will be published exclusively by Black Bean Games for PlayStation®3, Xbox360™ and PC.

Useful links:
Official game site

wow, thats clever O_o
I know for a fact that all I'm going to be playing is FM4, and I bet it will be most most played game ever, after GT4 and FM3 (constant year for each)
I think I will try this, but when you think about it, do you think it will beat RBR after the performance of WRC 1 the game?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%