WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 619
I was wondering if I missed something. I downloaded the latest version of the Mesa FFB mod. I installed it by simply overwriting the current files.
I went in game and where before I had some FFB, poor as it was, on the Thrustmaster T500, now I have none at all.

I will restore the backup but it's really weird to drive a rally without any feeling at the wheel.

What did I do wrong? All I did was to move the files from the zip file over to WRC4, overriding what was there.

I bought this cheap the other day and was quite hopeful. I really enjoyed WRC3 as a standalone game, played it quite a lot on the console and thought it was excellent

Horrified I then was to find that WRC4 is pretty much a patch for WRC3, with some new cars and slightly changed scenery

The stages are largely identical! One big map for each rally, using prety much exactly the same stages, I would have felt mighty ripped off if I had paid for this new.

I thought Polyphony were bad for releasing GT games that were pretty much patches, but this takes it to a whole new level.

It plays OK, but as you would expect, the same as the last one with worse physics.

Very poor Milestone, you are ripping people off mightily here, and I wonder if some sort of company should be looking at them being done for fraud, as this is the same game pretty much

I bought this cheap the other day and was quite hopeful. I really enjoyed WRC3 as a standalone game, played it quite a lot on the console and thought it was excellent

Horrified I then was to find that WRC4 is pretty much a patch for WRC3, with some new cars and slightly changed scenery

The stages are largely identical! One big map for each rally, using prety much exactly the same stages, I would have felt mighty ripped off if I had paid for this new.

I thought Polyphony were bad for releasing GT games that were pretty much patches, but this takes it to a whole new level.

It plays OK, but as you would expect, the same as the last one with worse physics.

Very poor Milestone, you are ripping people off mightily here, and I wonder if some sort of company should be looking at them being done for fraud, as this is the same game pretty much

Why would the physics be worse if WRC4 is just a patched WRC3?

So I came across the announcement for WRC5 this morning and it got me interested, since its the first one of the series on PS4.
http://www.wrcthegame.com/wrc-5-announced/

I've always seen these games on the shelf but for some reason always overlooked them. I guess my question is... are they any good? I guess i kind of assumed they would be kind of "arcadey". Mostly designed to be played with a controller and wheel more of an afterthought.

Any thoughts would be appreciated to help me decide of WRC5 will be worthwhile :)

I just purchased it myself and after a couple of rounds, it's no Richard Burns or Rally Trophy, but it's fun. I'm enjoying it but from reading the steam forums it appears to have a lot of unresolved issues.

Hi guys
there is a fb Group talking about WRC4 game,name is WRC GamersClub
Here is the original Update v1.2 by Greekman for WRC4 game.
Include:13 rallies 78 stages new graphics,fog conditions for all rallies
(snow-mud conditions for Walles rally),(Acropolis rally new terrain),(6 stages Night Monaco)-new dirt mod-new exhaust back fires-new audio engine noise-new gauge-new stones,rain particles-camera mod for wrc class-new game intro.
It changes the game at all.(recommend install full package)
Enjoy it.....!
Just put the files in game folder and replace them.
Audio mod made from Messas,thanks him.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wwW7zxdBDeMWQ0VjFLeEdpVzA/view
https://mega.nz/#!rIYEVSha!dIuJ0XW-1Ipjzot_7i5A6HiqXouXSmRYaWJezUQGGWY

Last edited:
Hello,

I am Female and new to this gaming. I bought on Steam WRC4 and using it with a Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback wheel.

Unfortunately, other than other games, within WRC4 there is no ffb rumbling whatsoever, even though I put in the settings of the game FFB up to Maximum.

Now I tried two things. I downloaded the official WRC4 Update which claims to also deal with FFB. Unfortunately Update does not install because it ALWAYS says that FOUND NO SOFTWARE and telling me to reinstall WRC4. So I delete it again, reinstall it on Steam again, let Steam test all the WRC4 files and then try Update file again - and again it claimes FOUND NO SOFTWARE. So it does not find the installed WRC4 even though IT IS in my steam library and the steam folder.

2.) I downloaded this MESA STRONGER FFB files. But HOW TO USE THEM? In which folder should they be copied to? I copied them into my main WRC4 subfolder of steam, but nothing changed within WRC4 gaming, still no rumbling whatsoever.

Are those MESA STRONGER FFB FILES just to copied into a folder? Or do one has to do something else, like tampering with any editors somewhere?

Please help me out with my problem and please keep your answer in non-technical terms of language.

My two concerns..
1) why does official wrc4 update file cannot find correct installed wrc4 game location?
2) how to install MESA STRONGER FFB files?

Thanx in advance for your help!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing