WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 626
That gameplay video looks very bad. Stages 6 metres wide, road totally flat, car doing god knows what or why, bizarre sounds...
With RBR still alive and well and brilliant, I'd have to think twice before even accepting this as a gift, LOL.

That gameplay video looks very bad. Stages 6 metres wide, road totally flat, car doing god knows what or why, bizarre sounds...
With RBR still alive and well and brilliant, I'd have to think twice before even accepting this as a gift, LOL.

Its about priorities, you can't compare this or similar games to RBR. Its just totally different class :)
Still, generally, DiRT3 wins all over this game

what also is bad , when im in a session i cannot fiddle around with my steering wheel settings in the options as it is replaced with Forcefeedback Settings, so you have to quit out of the session just to mess with the settings you want to, that is very frustrating.

im finding it hard to race with my wheel on here, i slide of, maybe i need less throttle? :D

http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/94079/wrc-2-patch-1-1 wow thats quick

[h=3]wrc2patch_v1.1.zip[/h]This patch will update WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship to version 1.1.

Patch v1.1 solves the following issues: the game no longer crashes when customizing characters in "The Road to the WRC" game mode; corrupted custom livery for Subaru Impresa has been fixed; frame Car option in photo mode no longer causes camera to get 'dizzy'.

Mit dem PC-Patch V1.1 für WRC 2 nehmen die Entwickler erste Verbesserungen am Rallyespiel vor an denen zwischen der Ablieferung des so genannten Goldmasters und der Veröffentlichung gearbeitet wurde.

• Unregistered

Just played the game. Poor graphics and no force feedback. Force feedback is only supported for a few wheels. After half an hour the comments of the codriver are boring. In every stage the same comment. The handling of the car is nothing close to Dirt 3.

To bad because the game looks like a real rally, better than Dirt 3. There is no good rallygame at this moment.

It's time for Colin Mcrae 2012 based on 2005!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back