Wow!!! Now you need a premium membership to post videos? RIDICULOUS!!

Just what the title says? Are you people freakin serious?!?!? I've been posting random racing videos here for years, and now all of a sudden I need to be a premium member? This is getting ridiculous now!!

Solution
Just what the title says? Are you people freakin serious?!?!? I've been posting random racing videos here for years, and now all of a sudden I need to be a premium member? This is getting ridiculous now!!
Hi Defender.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to let you know you can still post videos in the video section. The premium members get a little more visibility as that is the page you land on when clicking the video tab button.

Please try and remember that we have considerable bills to pay running RD. Last month we had nearly 250TB of downloads and traffic and we never force anyone to upgrade to premium. I urge you to go and cost up the price of servers needing that much bandwidth running 24/7 and come back and tell us that...
Hi Defender.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to let you know you can still post videos in the video section. The premium members get a little more visibility as that is the page you land on when clicking the video tab button.

Please try and remember that we have considerable bills to pay running RD. Last month we had nearly 250TB of downloads and traffic and we never force anyone to upgrade to premium. I urge you to go and cost up the price of servers needing that much bandwidth running 24/7 and come back and tell us that giving a little extra visibility to those that choose to support us is "getting ridiculous".

So, to post in the video section visit this page - https://www.racedepartment.com/media/categories/registered-members.2/

You will also see this written right at the top of the page - "Registered users without a premium membership can post videos in this category."

Let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,
Steve

Solution
Thanks Steve, Sorry if I jumped down your throat. I do understand you have bills to pay, but there are also a TON of ads on this website that I'm sure help enormously in that aspect. I did discover how to post a video with your help, so I thank you for that. This is a great site and basically the only 1 stop shop for sim racing mods anywhere on the internet. So, thank you and Race Department for that too.

Thanks Steve, Sorry if I jumped down your throat. I do understand you have bills to pay, but there are also a TON of ads on this website that I'm sure help enormously in that aspect. I did discover how to post a video with your help, so I thank you for that. This is a great site and basically the only 1 stop shop for sim racing mods anywhere on the internet. So, thank you and Race Department for that too.
No apology needed honestly.

Yeah, you're right the ads are how we generate revenue. But we only run the bare minimum we need to pay the bills. RD has become so popular now it means we have to run 4 ads on the site. All I can say is be grateful you have Bram and I looking after that side of things as we get ad agencies pitching us all sorts of horrific ad placements. One option we were pitched was basically to turn RD into a site like the Daily Mail. They promised us we would make millions overnight, but we turned it down because that user experience sucks.

We also block any kind of malicious ads and work with a really respectful ad agency which makes sure all the scum bag ads don't appear on RD.

So yeah we offer a premium subscription which of course helps us out but it means the buyer gets some value in removing ads and supports us with our bills. Again, we tried to price it fairly.

I hope this makes sense and puts things into a bit of perspective. I know it's not always easy to understand whats going on at RD but we are literally a small team of passionate sim racers, not some mega greedy uber-corp trying to rinse people of cash. But we do need to pay the bills somehow.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline