Wow - New Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo Revealed...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A1812027_medium.jpg

GT3 racing in 2019 looks like it has all the makings of one incredible year with yet another new car model reveal.. Audi to take centre stage with the stunning R8 LMS GT3 Evo.

Launched today at the Paris Motor Show, the brand new LMS GT3 Evo is billed as Audi's answer to the recent influx of new GT3 machinery, and represents what the German brand hope is a significant step forward over the already very successful generation of the LMS.

Coming as either a standalone car or part of an upgrade package for existing LMS GT3 owners, the Evo is scheduled to be made available for the 2019 racing season, and should immediately find its way onto the grid of such popular endurance series as the Blancpain GT Spring and Endurance championships (which means Assetto Corsa Competizione folks...).

“In developing the evolution of the car, we’ve put even greater focus on our customers and their needs,” says Head of Audi Sport customer racing Chris Reinke. “The pre-design stage for the second evolution of our current model generation centred on many discussions with our teams.”

“We deliberately chose to make moderate modifications instead of pursuing a comprehensive evolution... “This is economically sensible for both new customers and for those teams that are able to easily retrofit their existing cars with all new components.” added Reinke.
Following the world debut in Paris, Audi Sport will deliver the first customer race cars in November at a sales price of 398,000 euros (plus VAT). The evolution kit for retrofitting older model generations costs 28,000 euros (plus VAT). Following FIA homologation, the race cars will be battling internationally for points, victories and titles starting in January.

Check out the car in more detail below..

Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 2.jpg
Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 3.jpg
Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 6.jpg

Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 4.jpg Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 8.jpg Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 9.jpgAudi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 5.jpg Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo 7.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I love the new Vantage but I do agree about the engine :/ That's the big thing I loved about the V12 Vantage, you could hear it among a crowd of cars before you even saw it. Now it just sounds like basically every other GT3 car (bar the likes of the Porsche, Lamborghini and Audi of course)

Looks like an Audi. Sexy like an Audi.

I hope it doesn't take too long for a virtual version for us simraces to drive. And I'm looking at you, ACC.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 39.9%