Wow... Lister Reveal 'Knobbly' Remake

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Lister 2.jpg

Anyone who knows about historic racing will probably know about the Lister Knobbly - and in exceptionally cool news - the car is getting a modern remake!

Taking to social media, Lister owner Lawrence Whittaker has confirmed the long standing British manufacturer have plans afoot to return the Knobbly back into production, some 60 years on from the introduction of the most iconic car to be produced by the brand.

Initially teased as a design idea by Whittaker, the colourful Englishman has now finally confirmed the car will indeed be built, and although details, specs, release dates and any firm information have yet to be revealed, it is absolutely exceptional to hear of the return of one of the automotive worlds most instantly recognisable designs - and the new one looks pretty sweet too!

So people, get the house mortgaged and in the next couple of years this could be yours..

Lister 1.jpg

For more from the automotive world, check out the Car Culture sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Interesting that it seems to use Porsche 992 LED matrix headlights (same supplier I suppose).

Looks great, hope it does well for Lister (can't get over the silly name though :p).

I think that would be pretty interesting if manufacturers brought back their back catalog once in a while, for special re-releases like software developers do. Car safety standards probably would veto that though. :/

Hmm, can't argue about taste, but to me the car looks like a worn-out slipper. What I am really looking forward to are the interesting conversations the name of the car will start:

"Hi beautiful, wanna see my Knobbly?"

Person of the other sex runs away screaming...

Last edited:
Hmm, can't argue about taste, but to me the car looks like a worn-out slipper. What I am really looking forward to are the interesting conversations the name of the car will start:

"Hi beautiful, wanna see my Knobbly?"

Person of the other sex runs away screaming...

Well, in that case the top seed of the car should let you catch her quite easily... ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%