Wouldn't it be nice to drive another car for a new cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Roland Ehnström

STC is a GT league for sure, but I would definately like us to use the Pro cars rather than the Sport cars for next season. No mod would be needed for the Pro class as there are quite a few to choose from, only skins would be needed. The car choice system could be like this season (best teams choose last), except there would be two teams per car model instead of only one.

I would like that BUT... I think switching it to rFactor and doing FIA GT racing in the EOAA GT 1.07 mod would be a great new season. The only downside is that the racers would have to have a copy of GTR2 as it uses their models.

Regardless if you agree that we should race there or not, it is simply an option, I HIGHLY recommend this mod. Simply put, it is the best mod I have ever driven for rFactor... maybe it't not saying much BUT it feels amazing. There is no need to turn of Realfeel in my view the feedback is amazing (no mod i have ever driven in rF has felt like this. and GTR2 ffb also seems to pale in comparison).

I sound like I'm a promoter for the mod (I'm not) ... but I love it that much, try it.

I haven't tried this version, but some versions back his physics were based on: what he thinks is right. (his own words)
If I send him prove (calculations, pics, specs) he would still just say I am wrong and he is right.

Maybe you can look at that suspension checker program, last time I tried that mod, his suspension was outside of the car (physics wise), longer than the width of the car and the starting point where above the hood...

Let's wait for rF2!

080607_Watkins-Glen-final.jpg

An interesting option IMHO, very similar in performance, fast, but providing good racing :)

As Martin Luther King once said 'I have a dream...'

Since we're in the realm of 'what ifs...'

Oh to dream :D.

Whichever way STC goes - it has to stick with GT racing (there are enough leagues for all the other classes out there).

• Roland Ehnström

Grand Am is a very good option indeed. Only 2 cars, or even 1.

Sounds boring to me... The differing strenghts and weaknesses of the cars is what makes the racing interesting. Spec-cars are good for sprint series like Porsche Carrera Cup, but in long-distance GT racing there needs to be a big field of different machines to make the racing interesting.

opened the same thread on our forum and the general idea is: let's stick with GT cars and wait for rF2. I personally don't believe in the rF2 hype, the longer the wait, the longer the list of bugs that will be in there, quite pessimistic to be honest. As for rock solid net code: Live For Speed, nothing like it. However in all other categories it is woefully behind.

I was implying, just for a one off race (Driver swaps aswell)
Crossed wires?:confused: I wasn't relplying to your post particularly - I was raising the optoin of perhaps exploiting iRacing (if they sorted out the multiclass and introduced things like driver swaps). The 'oh to dream' was because I can't see iRacing coming to STC (costs), am not sure I want another Simbin title (lost the faith) and am not sure if RF2 will see the light of day anytime soon :(: therefore for me it is a dream :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back