RaceDepartment Store

Upcoming Events

AC events on Simracing.GP ACC events on Simracing.GP Automobilista 2 events RaceRoom events rFactor 2 events

Would you rather?

Would you rather have:

• Alien speed in online races

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Super expensive high-end hardware

Votes: 143 65.6%

• Total voters

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Tell us honestly! Would you rather have speed or access to the best possible sim racing hardware?

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
teeth-smiling.gif

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Alien speed. Then it would've been a possibility to make a living from it. Especially with all the issues regarding work (as my work depends on people being allowed to gather together IRL), it would've been nice to have some "backup-skill" to put it that way!

Neilski

Staff
Premium
Speed for me. Never had very high requirements for hardware (much as I'd love to own it).

For example, back in the day I found the wireframe graphics in Elite on my Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k to be extremely immersive, which is a very good thing cos I can't afford the nice hardware I covet :roflmao:

It's also true of course that a fun battle is still fun even if it's for last place.

I'd rather have hardware. I wouldn't like to be an alien because it just means it's difficult for you to find challenge. AI in racing sims becomes too easy and you just win most of the time online. To me personally racing is about having fun, not necessarily about being the fastest driver around.

Last edited: