Would You Rather...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A little game of 'Would you rather' but with a sim racing and motorsport twist.

OK, I don't think it would be a massive stretch to assume the vast majority of the audience here at RaceDepartment are motorsport fans - after all a love of real cars is probably what sent you down the sim racing rabbit hole in the first place. So, with our collective love of real racing vs our love of virtual motorsport, I'd like to know which option you would pick given the choice...

Would you rather....

Race as a paid esports driver for a year with a top team (paid as in the equivalent to a full time job salary)...

or..

Race for a fully paid season in a real world national championship. (no pay, but having all costs covered).

Answers and reasons in the comments section below!

Would you rather.jpg

Last edited:
One would be a dream come true, the other not even sure if I would enjoy it as I am not spending much, if any , time online.
A paid driver in a professional team IRL, really? Where do I sign?

The thing is if you do sim racing it's because you love racing, and if you do it at a competitive level it's because you dream/hope this will land you a seat in a real race car. It's not really a fair question honestly. "Simulator" means something that tries to get as close as possible to the real thing, but it's not quite the real thing. Would you prefer to be paid to play Flight Simulator or fly a real airplane for nothing?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing