Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

@Mid-pack Jack As it stands now, you get (most times) weekly races with the mini coopers, 2 weekly races with the touring cars (discounting that morning race), and whatever else is left is still very stable and somewhat easy to drive (IMO). I don't think that it's such a big deal to ask for one weekly fast open wheel event. So if your point is that casual club racers don't get enough races to compete in, I have to disagree. In fact, I would say that the staff's approach towards club racing greatly favors casual club racers in car selection. Which is fine.

I don't think it's necessary to have the picture to show the current track, as the event threat clearly shows it's on Brands Hatch
Only joking with ya Yuri.........:thumbsup::p:D

Seriously though thanks for the stable setup. Just tried it but the cars are still way to lairy for me to race in multiplayer here. I'd only get in the way of you guys trying to race. Now if it had the choice of low aids for us noobs, it would be much better and I would partake without doubt.

Have a good race on one of my favourite tracks. (done a few bike trackdays there myself) :thumbsup:

@Mid-pack Jack As it stands now, you get (most times) weekly races with the mini coopers, 2 weekly races with the touring cars (discounting that morning race), and whatever else is left is still very stable and somewhat easy to drive (IMO). I don't think that it's such a big deal to ask for one weekly fast open wheel event. So if your point is that casual club racers don't get enough races to compete in, I have to disagree. In fact, I would say that the staff's approach towards club racing greatly favors casual club racers in car selection. Which is fine.

@Tal
It makes a change. Lately it's been anything but touring cars and V8's until the last week or so.
And I am glad for one that that RD favours the casual racers in the clubs. Leagues are for serious racing or join Iracing and rule the world.

I wouldn't mind one fast open wheeler per week if we had the choice to use low aids. As for the Mini's............I hate the fugly little things and never bother with them.

Thank god for easier to drive cars at last. That gives us lesser mortals (who have paid membership money also) to also enjoy a race or two whilst not being members of some clic of fast aliens keen to out shine each other at every opportunity and treat us backmarkers as nothing but mobile chicanes that get in their way. Just my opinion of course.

Jack are you a racist against faster racers because you really seem to hate them with a passion lol.

Don't be stupid.:rolleyes: How can you be racist against faster drivers? Racism is against colour/creed/culture. Some uneducated people around here trying to stir things up.
Troy join up and let us see you racing here. :thumbsup:

I don't hate them at all. A very childish thing to say. But some are full of them selves and very big headed. I just like to race and really don't care where I come at the end of the race either.

Last edited:
@SOLO59 I don't think dividing the grid in two servers will be best, seems rather radical. We always want to race with as many people as possible. But I do get from that that you think that the big grid size is the cause of the incidents, which may well be true in some cases (most probably the race start, where the chances of getting a spinner at the start leading to a pileup are huge). After the grid spreads out a bit, everything stabilizes usually. As for your second suggestion: I already use the warmup session for race start practice (as the lads on teamspeak can tell), it is indeed very helpful. So, maybe instead of running a second warmup session, a simple adminly reminder to practice the start should be in place? Practicing the first lap (including start) during warmup (including trying different lines to corners) greatly helps take some of that "I don't know what I'm doing" feeling you get at race starts away. So maybe remind people about that, along with all the other reminders that usually follow. As for making it mandatory, I think that will demand too much work to monitor. Which brings us to the point of policing and penalties: We know that iRacing saftey rating is a great system to deter unsafe driving (in my opinion). Maybe a way to mimic that system here (for these events only I mean) would be to find a way (programming maybe) to go over the race .xml where all the contacts are listed ("driver X made contact with wall/driver Y"), and decide what kind of penalty to dish to the offending driver, regardless of any incident report filed by the victim of the incident. Maybe also keep track of a sort of safety rating, or something similar (all this done automatically by a program or something).

PS (@Mid-pack Jack ) - To put the Touring cars matter to rest (I knew when I wrote that line that it would be controversial, I thought I phrased it correctly enough, guess not) - I don't like the Touring cars because of the way they feel. That is my feeling, that is all. Sorry if you take offense for whatever reason.

Last edited:
1) What is your preferable open wheeler? Formula Reiza / Formula Classic / CART

2) What suggestions do you have to make club races with these cars safer and more enjoyable? Maybe add some driver aids, particularly with the Reiza standard content (not incl. FVee and F3). No more than 50% distance races (Preferably 2x25% distance of respective series)

3) Any other comments you have in this general direction, good or bad. Do everything you can to encourage setup sharing from faster drivers and video lap guide to help those struggling improve and feel more comfortable in these cars.

Reactions: Nox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline