Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Please do vote even if your answer is a firm resounding NO!

Please explain:
1) What is your preferable open wheeler?
2) What suggestions do you have to make club races with these cars safer and more enjoyable?
3) Any other comments you have in this general direction, good or bad.

Personally, I absolutely love driving the Formula Reizas, but unfortunately I only raced them about once in the club, ever since I joined about a year ago. Needless to say, I'm pretty sad about this. I really want to race these cars, but other than going to iRacing to satiate my needs (nope), I'm resigned to just drive with the AI, which needless to say in underwhelming and very frustrating. So I was wondering how many people are in the same boat as me, and maybe we can come up with ideas here.

tag list to get the most representative poll (tag people who aren't here):

@Angelo dos Santos
@Kurupt CDN
@Craig Patteson
@Dachsos
@Marc Cabana
@Franklin Stegink
@Mick Aspinall
@Joao Fernandes
@Chark
@Theo van den Brink
@Jarek Kostowski
@Mark Breslin
@Sri Sri
@Neto Nascimento
@Franco Becagli
@EireGreen™
@Davy Vandevenne
@Gabriel Sterr
@Raphael Zanardi
@Calum McLure
@bömii
@Slalom823
@MoerasGrizzly
@Anestis
@Enzo Fazzi
@JeffL
@videvfr
@Sven-Arne Andersson
@Jonathan Menéndez
@TeSL9
@Stig Bidstrup
@Falk Massmann

Please tag anyone missing from the list that races here.

Last edited:
V12s, Classics, Reizas, Retros, Extremes are not club vehicles, which is why we only run them now and then (approximately once every few weeks). They aren't the sort of vehicles you can just jump in and drive. But we do a special one every month or so.

Additionally the Extreme has a bug where the cars disappear when they hit 8th gear, so they are out indefinitely until it is fixed.

As for F3s, we do those almost every week.

@Nox I know the general attitude towards this class of vehicles among the staff, I'm just wondering if there's even an interest with the club regulars to race these cars at all before we can maybe move forward and try to think of a way to make these events (with these cars) more club friendly. I personally already have a couple of ideas, I'm just wondering if others feel the same as me. Certainly right now, with 3 touring cars event per week (not gonna lie, I'm slightly upset about that, but thats my problem seeing as people are signing up massively), and with daily events, surely if we can come up with a solution we can squeeze some more of these events in.

Also, regarding the notion of not being able to jump in and drive: that is true (for most people). But honestly, in simracing, that is the case most of the times. Even in the slower cars, you can't expect to jump in 10 minutes before a race and be very competitive (again, for most people, in my opinion), or very consistent (which also effects how safe (for lack of a better word) you are driving around other people at the track). These cars are indeed less forgiving, but I'm hoping maybe in this thread we can try to find a way to get around this obstacle, or try to contend with it as best we can.

PS - I know we race the F3 fairly regulary, I was mainly thinking about the faster cars though.

@Nox, sign me up please! I know it's not a competition, but it has to be said... GSCE is THE most popular game on RD at the moment in terms of active club racing. Then once/if(man I hope so!!!) we begin racing the outstanding C.A.R.T mod in the clubs, it's a wrap! Then maybe we could have a week of just touring cars and C.A.R.T MOD due to projected high RD premium member demands. :whistling:... Regardless, I'm greatful of what RD does for us, so I'm racing whatever, whenever (limited time) I can with GSCE.

Reactions: Nox
F3's! Fvee's! Yes please!!! C.A.R.T Mod anyone?
IMO, I think the Fclassic are the most drivable out of the rest of the stock open wheelers (excluding the more drivable F3 and Fvee).
If we do run the difficult-to-drive open wheelers, maybe add one or two "low assist" options.
For high volume of sign ups, split the group into two separate servers? Something like 8 - 12 drivers per server. This should control and help prevent accidents.
Set up a second "warm up" session after qualy. The purpose of the second warm up session is for EVERYONE to practice their race starts (for standing start races). This should be made mandatory. A strict rule when racing these beast! This will help to prevent chaos during race starts.

@Tal, the touring cars have served its purposs and still continues to do so which is, to provide a car that everyone can drive and to increase sign ups! I for one can't complain.... I've said this before, I respect and appreciate everything RD does for us. But you are free to speak your mind though.... nothing wrong with that (also, I guess you'll be 50/50 about what I wrote in the touring car sign up thread for this Wednesday :notworthy:).

Just Cart (indycar) though. I voted NO , there is enough.

I detest the V's and the others but that is my choice. Too dificult to race for me personally. Low aids would help these and make it possible for me join in with the aliens but no doubt these perfectionists will cry and complain about realism whilst allowing any view to race rather than making cockpit compulsory. :rolleyes: I actually prefer cars that provide better closer racing like the Touring cars. But hey ho each to their own. Its fine for you aliens to ask for faster, more difficult cars, but what about us casual club racers? .
Just my take. I prefer touring cars for now.
edit, I'd better be careful, Nox does not like me having an opinion.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
bed2v8u.jpg

Open wheeler Tuesdays! If it is a success we will have open wheelers in the club every Tuesday!

Track:
Brands Hatch GP (download)
Mod: CART Factor (Download) - make sure to use the road chassis, it's the default option

Race 1
Practice:
18:00 GMT
Qualifying: 18:10 GMT
Warm up: 18:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 1: 18:25 GMT (20 mins)

Race 2
Practice:
:18:50 GMT
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT
Warm up: 19:10 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 2 : 19:15 GMT (20 mins)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Assists:
Auto-Clutch

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

IMPORTANT: These cars are a handfull to handle on the default setup, with this setup the car becomes stable to make sure you reach the finish line
(download) (Install path: [Game folder] -> UserData -> [Your Profile Name] -> brandshatchgp_btcc11)

1. Yuri (Kasdorp)
  2. Tal (Segal)
  3. Jörn Horbelt
  4. Oscar Hardwick
  5. Vincent Devreese
  6. Falk Massmann
  7. Sven-Arne Andersson
  8. Colin J. Fleming
  9. Dean Solomon
  10. Martin Oconnor
  11. Tuomas Lankinen
  12. Allan Groth