Would you join an online race (e.g. historic content) without "auto clutch" enabled?

Often, when I chat with people on a server or look at aids enabled, I find they use "auto clutch". Most servers enable "auto clutch"... I keep thinking it would be nice to have a server that didn't, but would anybody visit it?

Hmm, 3:1 in favor of disabling clutch, but 11:1 views that didn't think it worth their time to vote (not online drivers? ).
Lots of people probably just read things on the forum cause they are bored and probably have no opinion or cant be bothered or might not even have rf2. Some people forget to actually vote and just starting reading what others have said and come back a few days later (i did this :p).

I've never used auto-clutch in the 12 or so years of playing ISImotor sims. I sometimes lift on upshifts (depends) and of course blip on downshifts and regardless of whether I'm using sequential paddles, sequential stick, or H-pattern.

Of course I don't have to lift and/or blip for all cars as many cars have auto-lift and/or auto-blip set in the physics.

The only exception to all this is when a car is supposed to have auto-blip and/or auto-lift but hasn't been included in the car's physics. In this case, the "generic" auto-blip and/or auto-lift settings have to be used. The only way to use them is by enabling auto-clutch and then making sure auto-blip and/or auto-lift is enabled in your player file.

BUT, with regards to my very previous paragraph, to make things even more confusing, I think some cars without auto-blip and/or auto-lift can be set to ignore your auto-lift and/or auto-blip settings even if you've enabled auto-clutch. The Historic F3 is an example of this if I remember correctly; you can enable auto-clutch and have auto-lift and/or auto-blip enabled in your player file but the car will still not use them.

Basically the whole system is a convoluted mess.

What if you haven't got a clutch pedal?
Don't need it. You only need it for when you're stopped. So just map a button for clutch. Then go to the digital sensitivity settings for your steering/clutch/throttle/brake - not the one where you adjust the steering and pedals sensitivity and deadzone but the one where you adjust the "digital" sensitivities of each - and play with it so as to have the clutch release at the speed you want it to when you release the clutch button for the start.

I usually use 20% to help with slip and not bog but some cars/gearing may better suit a lower digital sensitivity like 10 or 15 percent which will make the clutch fully release quicker when you let go of the clutch button. You can visually see the speed of the clutch button press on the clutch meter in the controls section. Play around with it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing