Would you follow F1 races Online, or even compete in GP's

As well as F1 i follow NASCAR there was a system where for a reasonable anual fee you could watch all events live on PC. Or at a later date if like me are in a weired time zone (I am in Toronto, Ontario Canada) With this subsription service you can follow race on PC or mobile device any team with full audio (Censored or un scensored) You can follow race from deep in the pack where most of the action and competition is.

There have been roumours a privateer sim car can be developed that a sim racer can drive in Grandprix. It will be a ghost car so you cant crash into actual drivers or retire if you crash into a wall. You just loose time.
Then i thought what if F1 made a competion for the sim racers where you can win money or prizes for top 3 sim racers for each event. You will only be allowed one prize per year as that is fair and we dont want repeat winners. At the end the season winners can copete in a sim race around say Nordiscliffe at the end of season.

Last edited:
Isn't that what F1 Esports does?
Yes but it is more conected to F1. I saw a Formula e event and fans could use sim rig to set times. The fastest got to race against e sports drivers on the sim rig. Its just my idea is on a bigger scale like watching the GP online. You can do at at a time more convient for you. And race a ghost car in the GP against actual F1 driver's. A F1 team may ask you to be a sim driver or race driver if you are good. I heard somone who won a sim racing series drove at Leman for a team in a real world event. I think F1 should see sim racing as a market to look into.

Last edited:
Yes but it is more conected to F1. I saw a Formula e event and fans could use sim rig to set times. The fastest got to race against e sports drivers on the sim rig. Its just my idea is on a bigger scale like watching the GP online. You can do at at a time more convient for you. And race a ghost car in the GP against actual F1 driver's. A F1 team may ask you to be a sim driver or race driver if you are good. I heard somone who won a sim racing series drove at Leman for a team in a real world event. I think F1 should see sim racing as a market to look into.
Well they clearly don't as they sold the F1 license to a company that makes Games, not Sims :D

Imagine tho if they did! Imagine if it was pushing the boundaries of sim racing aswell as the real world?

Last edited:
I would watch professional simracing championships if the broadcast would be on the same level (audio quality, replays of things that just happened in the race), team radio etc.

And, and this is the main point: if real race drivers would compete.
I really enjoyed Jenson Button battling against the old Magnussen in rF2!
And George Russell showing the other boys how it's done in F1 2020 was a nice show too.

But sadly the broadcast wasn't on par with a live F1 race.
Technical difficulties, not seeing the best moments and too much varying microphone levels, clipping and general speech quality hampered the experience quite a lot for me.

@RasmusP Agree with every word. For last paragraph, I would say "practice makes perfect". If they do it more and it is done serious all those things will improve.
Yes and no. If the simracing titles don't have the needed features, the broadcasters can practice all they want.
For voice quality it's mostly lacking budget and someone who knows stuff about audio.
Lower gain, better mic positioning, compressor, de-Esser and most importantly:
Sum-Multiband compressor so when multiple people speak at the same time, the measured volume won't increase and clip the output signal.

Most commentators have really good microphones. That's not the issue..
But organizers won't pay for the needed software :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years