Worth separating?

So I have both a Logitech G25 and G27. I just upgraded my brake pedal to the Truebrake system (UK, Great kit). I had a Leo Bodnar Cable on order for it but it seems to have gotten lost in the mail. But my question is really, would there be any value in getting a Leo Bodnar shifter cable and separating it from the wheel?

Since these are simple switches I believe the only value in breaking it away from the wheel base is if you wanted to run it as a standalone. Then you could say use a Thrustmaster, Fanatec or any other wheel base really.

Upvote 0
Actually, the gear detection isn't done with switches, but with potentiometers, quite similar to a joystick (except for the "stick pushed down" information to detect reverse). The shifter just sends the stick position to the wheel, which then translates it into the different gears. There are thresholds for stick left/center/right and front/center/back. If your shifter is worn, it might not be as far to the left/right as the wheel expects it to be and it might not register the correct gear. The Bodnar cable allows you to adjust the thresholds to get it working again.
Apart from that, I agree with @RedBull48, the main reason to get the Bodnar Shifter cable is if you want to use your shifter with a different wheel (that could even be another Logitech wheel as they aren't compatible between G25/G27).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back