Worth buying now so close to RF2?

Hi guys,
Im a level designer working on FPS games and the like on UE3, COD/Quake Radiant etc for a few years and have finaly moved into a new place big enough to have a G25 setup and get properly into the race simming. Im very eager to get into track design and am very excited to see a very friendly toolset available in BTB. My only concern is now that RF2 seems so close, that money / time invested into RF1 projects at this point might be a waste? What do you guys think?
I am excited about the graphical and greater exposure possibilites of RF2, but at the same time, I would like to start learning asap. Is a BTB for RF2 even announced, and ifso, would knowlege and created content be easily transfered? Also, is there likley to be any kind of discount for those owners of the RF1 tools?
I can also be getting on with projects on other engines / games while waiting for RF2 release / tools, so do you guys think that tools might be quickly enough released after launch that it would be worth just waiting? Has there been any mention from ISI of tools, official or BTB/ other 3rd party?

Thanks.

rF2 is based on same engine as rF1, and what I've read it should "fairly easy" to convert rF1 stuff to rF2. If I remember right, ISI was even planning to release some kind of conversion tools bolted in the game. Sure, you need to do some rework on your cars or tracks, if you want to have all the new features what rF2 will bring along. I don't know if there is other tools coming as well.

I am personally quite optimistic that transition from rF1 to rF2 in terms of modding, is not going to be very painful. I already have that in mind now when I am doing tracks and cars. I just wait that other people (wiser than me) learn the details of rF2 modding, and hopefully share that knowledge. Thou, I am planning to buy rF2 when it comes and look "under the hood" myself too.

I also feel that BTB is viable tool too for rF2. You just need to do some extra work because the pipeline will probably be BTB -> rF1 -> rF2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%