World Racing Series

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Developer PiBoSo released their new game called World Racing Series: www.worldracingseries.net

The game is in alpha stage but you can already enjoy a few features:
- two tracks
- a FWD touring car
- a formula car
- online racing
- hotlap recording

As an extra bonus, purchasing World Racing Series license also unlocks PiBoSo's previous release: the full version of GP Bikes www.gp-bikes.com

Attachments

• WRS_01.jpg
    WRS_01.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 539
  • WRS_02.jpg
    WRS_02.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 507
  • WRS_03.jpg
    WRS_03.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 512
  • WRS_04.jpg
    WRS_04.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 511
Utter rot

Tried it and as soon as I got in teh car my wheel just started spinnign from rotation to rotation without any warning.

Had to turn the computer off at the button to stop it and this after calibrating everything perfectly

Why cant these developers test games on more than themselves. Deary me

INstalled and uninstalled in half an hour, sorry.

I like it and had no problems. I have a bit of an unusal set up too. XP64bit. Dual Monitor in span mode. Worked great. It drives beautiful. (great physics). Like the rain and how the grass stuck to the tires after an off. Just get the TrackIR working, as I need that for any games. I'll be looking for the Full release.

World Racing Series - AVG detected a Trojan in the setup file, is it a false alarm?

Hi there. I recently got World Racing Series but I'm a little apprehensive about installing it. I have AVG Free 2011 and its detected a trojan called "Trojan horse Generic20.ANOP" so does anyone know if this real or is it just a false alarm? Thank you.

PiBoSo released a first alpha video of World Racing Series, a racing simulation offering several cars & tracks.
PiBoSo has shifted his attention more towards his Kart Racing Pro & GPBikes projects but World Racing Series is very much alive and kicking as a new preview video shows.

The video shows a lap around the Victoria Circuit in the FR2000 open wheeler. Regarding the title’s features, PiBoSo says: “It has no DX11, no laser scanned tracks, and I don’t care!”
For more info you can check out the World Racing Series website.

Here is the video:

Minimum system requirements:
Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, 32 or 64 bits
Processor: 2.0 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: 256 MB OpenGL 1.2.1-compliant
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 or newer libraries

I don't really understand the point of this game....it's not as good as netkar for FFB and has very little content, so why would anyone buy this at all.......so I thought he was showing his work and looking for employment amongst the established sim developers.
Offcourse he doesn't. Currently it is in Beta and PiBoSo has a one man team. Content will come in the future Beta's. Why would he want to search for a job at ''established sim developers'' by working on 3 sims? There are more easy ways of getting a job at ISI or SimBin.

Why would he want to search for a job at ''established sim developers'' by working on 3 sims?.

Good luck to him, but I don't think this has the steering precision or FFB of netkar, and soon we'll have rf2, AC, GSC update/Reiza projects/GTR3 and IMO, these type of smaller games won't be welcomed by the sim community anymore as they look way too old and don't have superior physics/FFB IMO.

these type of smaller games won't be welcomed by the sim community anymore as they look way too old and don't have superior physics/FFB IMO.
Don't you understand what I said? The content will come later. Now it's all about optimizing and fixing bugs wich IMO is the most important. The physics and FFB are constantly being worked on. Take for example Kart Racing Pro: Every Beta has had a lot of changes in the physics engine, making it more realistic in every Beta.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 119 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.7%