World Cup Football in Russia and Qatar

The media has reported here that Australia spent more than $45 million on our proposal to hold the Events. :eek:

That probably didn't include the "necessary" bribery to officials money either.

Geez, money well spent, our taxpayers should be very impressed. :rolleyes:

England, USA and Australia all had the best technical votes and presentations according to FIFA, but got the fewest votes. As they said "We now have the World Cup in 2 new countries" if they wanted that in the first place, why waste the public's money in countries that have already hosted it....

England, USA and Australia all had the best technical votes and presentations according to FIFA, but got the fewest votes. As they said "We now have the World Cup in 2 new countries" if they wanted that in the first place, why waste the public's money in countries that have already hosted it....

Australia has never held a World Cup either, and received a whole 1 vote. So even that logic doesn't stand up. Qatar has a population of 1.5 million, most of whom are foreigners anyway, so holding the World Cup there should do wonders for developing a huge growth for Football across the world. :rolleyes:
What happens to the 9 hugely expensive new "air conditioned" stadiums, estimated to cost $40 billion, in Qatar after the World Cup???

It's pretty clear that decisions are based on who throws the most money in the appropriate pockets. :wink:

I am with Arsene Wenger. Put all the bids into the computer and let it calculate the best possible bit. The FIFA voting system is from the prehistory and should be stopped.

Curious how many players will die on the pitch during world cup 2022. In Qatar the temperatures at daytime can reach 40 to 50 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Insane if you ask me.

Apparently the stadiums they are going to build will have air conditioning so it will feel more like 25C, but its going to be hot outside them which is not going to help the quality of the football one bit.

And with 60 000+ fans in some stadiums, the fans will be very very wamr and cramped together - not good. It will be like getting a tube train from the busiest station - packed out and very warm.

I am always with Arsene Wenger, the man is pure genius, but if it was done by computer, I'm sure it would spark debates if one team got it over another also.
I think a representative from the 32 teams that participated in the last world cup should vote, giving fairness and a more balanced approach the voting.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back