giphy.gif

I should get a giant back tattoo that says that :roflmao:
I admit it this wasn't exactly one of my greatest moments. :D
Didn't think enough. Or I was overthinking it actually. :rolleyes:
Postpone that tattoo ...for now.

Another Ferrari mechanical failure or mistake by Vettel and Bottas finishes second. ^^

But second isn't first is it? And Bottas is a long ways away from Hamilton in points. Again, this just further proves that the car is PART of the championship but the driver is the majority of it and Hamilton is the best driver in F1 for the last 5-6 years.

Yeah WD to Lewis, he was head and shoulders above the rest in all avenues

After Michael's 2nd Ferrari WC I suggested to use a control tyre so they all had the same "delta" in wet or dry ...............Sacrilegious ! I was tarred and feathered lol

I think a control engine would be great, have to be closer racing and most any team would have a chance to win a title.

But not one engine manufacture, have companies join forces to make the most power, efficiency and reliability ever

Constructors championship would be about each teams car design and drivers

Next crazy thing they should try a split round, 3 shorter races over 2 days total distance 150% of GP distance, 1/2 the fuel on board so not so sluggish from Lap 1, no pit-stops , triple points, triple starts

Liberty media are all about making money right
50% more race time = 50% more advertising prime time
They could add joker laps like you find in Rally cross were every driver has to take special longer a low speed section of the track every 10 laps.
The closest F1 every came to been an equal Formula was with Cosworth in the late 60's till the Turbo Era.
with every team bar a hand full using their power units.

That was also an era of vast change in the way F1 cars looked as designer looked for ever novel ideas to gain a few tenth advantage.having a talented driver was even better.

In the top 10 GOAT.
There can be no rational argument to contest that.

Hate the sun, but a search online shows Murray Walker's opinion:
  • no.2 brit after JS.
  • no.4 all-time
says the oracle.

Last edited:
Now, whose opinion shall I trust?

source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/41804401
People also seem to forget that he went life and death with Alonso in his FIRST season in F1.And his wet driving which is a good benchmark for talent is superb.Jenson Button once said that if Lewis ever gets a good handle on the technical side,we all may as well pack up and go home.

Lewis is the best I have ever seen. He is easily on par with Senna.

I'm guessing people will hate on this comment but I don't mind. He's a racer first like Senna, a clinical operator like Prost, a ruthless winner like Schumacher.

They do not come much better than Lewis.
Not hating but . . . whenever something isn't perfect in his car he's having a panic. All his passing is done in a straight line thanks to that engine, which is the least skillful way to pass. Schumacher was doing strategy calculations in his head whilst driving in the rain and quicker than everyone.... Senna, Prost, Alonso, Vettel drive their cars on the ragged edge making spectacular moves . . . its not the same!

Dont kid your self Glenn....your Hating...no but! All drivers complain ! Complaining and not getting the job done is another thing....

I don't know, but when I watch him race with others I do not get as excited as I do watching Nando.

I am always thinking he is going to do something rash like Max, Vettel or Rosberg used to at times.

I think he used to have that ruthless but clean streak in the McLaren and junior formula days, but now doesn't really need that. Not saying he can't pass clean, he usually does, but he rarely needs to.

He comes across poorly in team radio too, but like Vettel, bit whiney at times. When you compare to Danny Ricc.

Not hating but . . . whenever something isn't perfect in his car he's having a panic. All his passing is done in a straight line thanks to that engine, which is the least skillful way to pass. Schumacher was doing strategy calculations in his head whilst driving in the rain and quicker than everyone.... Senna, Prost, Alonso, Vettel drive their cars on the ragged edge making spectacular moves . . . its not the same!
This has to be a wind up, surely. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion but it's a shame that you have forgotten some of the world class passes Lewis has made. And the strategic decisions he has made to win races.

Not saying he's perfect, but to say he doesn't drive on the edge...I'm not sure.

Looks pretty skillful to me. It's not like he doesn't have more of these highlights, I just happen to like this one the most.

In F1, you almost always win with the best car (not to be mistaken for purely the "fastest" car). There are so many replies I have to this thread, but instead I'll just say again that it's ridiculous how all of his achievements are questioned/invalidated compared to the hallowed and mythical "greats" who shared most of the same traits and advantages. The only differences I can see is that those others rest in the sepia glow of age and that their skin color involves less sepia and more white.

I certainly don't find him to be any moodier than everyone's favorite, Senna. I also love the false lore some throw out that Hamilton somehow grew up in the lap of luxury in the McLaren mansion from birth, when we all know the real truth about his father working multiple jobs to buy karting parts and his talent earning him that attention from McLaren. (I love the GT video story about his father watching the other racers practice and figuring out where Lewis could gain time on laps). As far as his lifestyle now, he's one of the most famous athletes in the world. If he wants to visit NASA, meet presidents, and schmooze with movie/music stars why shouldn't he do it?

Whether or not you like the guy's personality is irrelevant. Here is a young boy and his father who went from hard work and a dream to 4 WDC and several F1 records. For him, I have nothing but congratulations.

Really, you are playing the race card here? Really?

Presumptuous too, Senna was not my fave, anyone who could drive into fellow human being at 150mph in a huff over grid positions is never a hero of mine or anyone with a sense of fairness in their body.

I have no problems with his achievements, but he is far from my favourite driver and never will be. Sorry

They could add joker laps like you find in Rally cross were every driver has to take special longer a low speed section of the track every 10 laps.

They already have those, they're called pit stops :p
(in fact that's why they have them in Rallycross: So you get a mixing of the field without actually having pit stops)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.5%