Workflow for creating Car mods?

I have a huge collection of 3D car models fully detailed inside and out. I used them with Element 3D in After Effects to create a title sequence. I would like to convert a couple of them into playable in-game cars. I just don't know where to start. I have 3DS Max and Maya at my disposal (both 2013). My background is in film, and I really have no idea where to start with any of this. Are there any great youtube tutorial series out there on the basics of assigning textures, creating LOD files, tiered polygon models (mentioned in the "Car Pipeline 1.03" pdf in AC's SDK folder) etc? I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, I just don't know how to apply it properly!! (These models were very expensive as well, so I know they are very high quality and will look amazing in the game.) What is the optimal order of creating a car mod?

Dont know the solution but sounds... promising :p

For help ask for example chargingcar... I think he already had some models ingame.

For physics....
I recommend to subscribe to this official AC channel. i think they will bring more tutorials.

Also... Ask for help in the Assetto Corsa forum in the category car-modding. Nearly every AC modder is there (i guess every modder from RD is there too, but not every AC modder isn on racedepartment).

So you could get more feedback there....

Dont know the solution but sounds... promising :p

For help ask for example chargingcar... I think he already had some models ingame.

For physics....
I recommend to subscribe to this official AC channel. i think they will bring more tutorials.

Also... Ask for help in the Assetto Corsa forum in the category car-modding. Nearly every AC modder is there (i guess every modder from RD is there too, but not every AC modder isn on racedepartment).

So you could get more feedback there....
thanks so much! I will. I just figured out how to get the model into the editor which is a relief because for a second I thought I had to use 3DS Max for the whole thing. Just trying to figure out the preparation I need to do in 3DS Max or Maya when I export the FBX.

Thanks again!
Untitled.jpg

I have a TON of Porsche HD Models but I have no idea where to start. I have been modding for rFactor for a long time but now I am taking a look at AC. Does anyone have a complete tutorial for this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%