Work started on Nordschleife

LOL, you might want to have that cough checked out...slipstream in MP will be before 1.0

pitstops will be after.

And yes, I am happy with what we have considering that if it wasn't for early access we would still be waiting for release and chomping at the bit to play it like we were for the last two+ years.

It would just be nice to hear what kunos are up to in terms of progress as i feel that sept for the nords dlc seems optimistic considering we have no news on v1 release . Just little confirmations on say the car licenses for the dlc would be nice . But i suppose they are just keeping us hungry for the finished thing .

I have my doubts, but I really truly hope they can honour their "September 2014" release for the Nords.
Even if they just release the track without those "dream cars", then it's a win in my book.

Because a laser scanned Nords is just beyond epic.
T10 today just released a laser scanned Nordschleife, with GP Nurburgring, for Forza 5 as a free DLC, haven't driven it yet (hopefully tonight). They claim it took a year and 13,000 man hours! I have no idea how the scan starting now will affect the Kunos timeline for release but I also won't be holding my breath.

T10 today just released a laser scanned Nordschleife, with GP Nurburgring, for Forza 5 as a free DLC, haven't driven it yet (hopefully tonight). They claim it took a year and 13,000 man hours! I have no idea how the scan starting now will affect the Kunos timeline for release but I also won't be holding my breath.
Turn10 also claim their tire model is the most advanced on the market and uses ALL DA POWA on the XBone:roflmao:, they couldnt even have done it on 360:geek:. Their version of the Nordschleife might still be interesting though.

I'd love a ripped, I mean converted, oops, I mean scratch made exactly like Maple Valley please...lol

So Turn 10 claims it took 13000 man hours to make their Ring...I guess Simone better develop one heck of a cocaine habit if we are going to get this before the end of next year.
Id second that too a maple valley copy in fact forza has some great original tracks.

Just realized that Turn 10 had 30 artists working on this track...we have one...and yet you know that people are going to expect Kunos track to somehow be even better than the one in Forza.
Well graphics wise I don't expect it to be quite as luscious as the Forza version. But in terms of FFB it should be the same just because if it's laser scanned then theoretically the bumps, cambers, elevations etc should all be identical.

Also, coupled with the fact that Forza's physics model is essentially realism for the deluded.

I'm not worried :)
I'm very excited to try it out even if it's a while away.

In the mean time though, we'll have a certain Belgian circuit that you may have heard of ;)

The really nice thing is that not only does Simone have the scan data, but he has made more than 50 laps on the real one himself so he knows how it should look.

And yes, knowing that we are that much closer to having AC physics and FFB on Spa is mouth watering.
I bet simone enjoyed his laps around the ring , i reckon he may of strung his job out a bit on that day:laugh:

I don't think he was there when they scanned it...in fact I suspect that they bought the scan data from a 3rd party...but he told me he has taken a few vacations there and has driven over 50 laps personally....Our Holy Grail is in good hands; just don't get hopes too high of it somehow being graphically prettier than Forza.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back