GRID Autosport Modding Questions

As I said in the earlier post, you need to unzip the file first before you can open it.

[QUOTE = "ML2166, post: 1.759.754, lid: 16805"]. Zoals ik al zei in de eerdere post, moet u het bestand eerst uit te pakken voordat je het kunt openen [/ QUOTE]

Hoe kun je uitpakken van een bestand terwijl het niet een winrar bestand, het is een orginale bestand van het spel zelf is geen mod

kijken :

3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png

Unzip the file first using 7zip. Then open it with the editor. Third time I've said this now. Have you even tried this? I have managed to open all the PSSG files I have this way without any issues at all.

Unzip the file first using 7zip. Then open it with the editor. Third time I've said this now. Have you even tried this? I have managed to open all the PSSG files I have this way without any issues at all.

i open every mod with pssg editor : i extract the mods with winrar and open but i can not open any file off grid autosport and well any files off f1 2013 2012 2011 2010 grid 1 , 2 , dirt 1,2,3

Ive been playing around with some of it, mainly the drifting, not exactly trying to make it super realistic, but just a bit more like a drift car (I build and drive em for a living :p ).

Also been having a little toy around with the F3 car, I'll I've done so far is turn off all the hidden assists (except the pad speed steering one) and put a touch of toe in on the rear. So much better, way less slidey.

Heres a few vids....

Could someone possibly do higher resolution cockpits? This incredibly low resolution nonsense is bugging me. The game is fantastic, but the cockpit view is my favorite view and the lower resolution textures bug me in comparison to the rest of the game.
I had a look at some of the cockpit textures yesterday with a pssg editor. Even after the 4K HD texture dlc they released, the cockpit textures are still only 1K. It seems that only the outer body textures of the cars are 4K. Perhaps we should arrange a community project to bring these textures up to 4K??

Use 7Zip. Right-click open any PSSG file from the game with 7zip, then drag the contents of the archive into a folder. This file that you have dragged out is the one that you have to open with Ryder pssg editor.

I had a look at some of the cockpit textures yesterday with a pssg editor. Even after the 4K HD texture dlc they released, the cockpit textures are still only 1K. It seems that only the outer body textures of the cars are 4K. Perhaps we should arrange a community project to bring these textures up to 4K??

That's what I was thinking, I just feel the game would be a solid 9/10 if the cockpit view didn't suck. Like the actual gameplay and handling of the cars is better than the first GRID in my eyes.

I think some of the models need reworking too. Poly count is quite low for some of the cockpit models, and now that we have working mirrors (thanks to Mortal), I've noticed that some of the mirrors aren't even pointing in useful directions (e.g, the Formula B cars inconveniently reflect at about a 45 degree angle to actually facing rear. Don't need to see sideways trees and walls while I'm defending position... :O_o:).
Personally I'm not so keen on some of the handling. I really dislike the 'swinging' of the wheels effect you get when using a controller. If you steer one way, then let go of the stick to return to straight, the car swings left and right until it balances (or doesn't balance, and then you spin out). Then again, I have only played with a controller...can't speak for steering wheels.

DLC HD is... only for car livery nothing more, is very poor HD "texture" HD "pack" ever...

Fast test edit interior texture

Nv7SHSU.jpg

Edit
BMW and better LOD IA and wheels (bmw need more work)

SLvfnUS.jpg

qatGlad.jpg

Last edited:
There's extra stability control, self steer assists, and drift assists (which are need for the drifting, but not for proper racing).

You might have noticed the cars don't like to accelerate while turning, that's the extra stability control, and if you start to get sideways, the car tends to 4 wheel slide, that's the drift assist. The self steering is a little more subtle, it kinda smooths out the players input, making the cars less responsive but easier to drive, its really noticeable in the drift vid that its no longer there, as the car becomes really twitchy.

As I said, the biggest difference was the touch of toe in on the rear, if all codemasters did was patch that into the game, everybody would love it so much more.

If you have notes on any of the entries in the ctf files, you should write a description for them in the ctfSchemaGrid2.xml file from the editor. There are several entries with an example of how to make a description. That way later on you can share your xml file with your findings, and help the rest of the community.

Needs a new Grid Autosport xml file I think.... I have to open them up in other section...

I dunno, I'm no good with that stuff haha, I just know how to make cars drive good lol

Haha, no worries its not too tough. The "Other" tab in the editor uses that Grid2 file, and it seems to work fine. There doesn't seem to be any changes in the ctf files from Grid 2.

This is just a suggestion though, no need to do it if you don't want to, its just that not a lot of people take the time to test and understand what all the values mean, so it'd be a big help if someone documented this stuff in one way or another.

hahaha I'm happy to, just need a little advice on how to :) You went through the effort of making the program and allowing me to do this, so more then happy to share my findings :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back