GRID Autosport Modding Questions

From what I have seen and read about the game and file structure, don't think I'll be getting this until it gets very very cheap to buy. By then there may be more in the way of mods available.

The models and textures can still be opened, well they can with the single file I have anyway, so nothing has changed too much regarding that.

But having the database hidden once again limits the modding opportunity. Plus I'd like to see how much depth this game has, as it's a bit too close after release to judge as yet.

From what I have seen and read about the game and file structure, don't think I'll be getting this until it gets very very cheap to buy. By then there may be more in the way of mods available.

The models and textures can still be opened, well they can with the single file I have anyway, so nothing has changed too much regarding that.

But having the database hidden once again limits the modding opportunity. Plus I'd like to see how much depth this game has, as it's a bit too close after release to judge as yet.
Last year codemasters changed a lot of the files on grid2 because no one was really playing it so they made it really modder friendly but again totally changed there minds , I am starting to just loose total interest in the games , F1 2014 will not be any better if anything worse , if its next gen as well as people are talking about ,
Ill just stick to hardcore simracing games unless things change fast :)

Last edited:
Race all morning with the mod..

It's a big improvement, but like said before, it still needs some work on some cars.
Some cars have a pretty good rear view, others the rear view mirror is still a very blocked picture.

The good news is there is no noticable performance hit. So that can't be the reason codemasters left the mirrors out of the game.

Thank you releasing the alpha version, looking forward to the next update

Here we go :)
_51febe1692e7650c1af2bc64684df653.png

Would really really love to have the following:
  • Increased tesselation? Not sure if this is possible. I feel some of the models could benefit from slightly higher polycounts in places (wing mirrors, cockpit models, etc)
  • Motion blur turned off without having to set Shader Quality to Low.
  • In-game deadzone/saturation settings for PC Xbox 360 controller (or any other controller too)
  • Fix camera movement for none-3rd-person views to act like GRID 1. i.e Not some weird instant-look left/right, actually be able to look around the cockpit as in previous games.
  • Easy FOV changer for cockpit views (perhaps different for each car?)
  • Corner look-in for cockpit views? There was a mod for F1 2013 that achieved this quite nicely (though I found it prevented online play for me)
  • AI improvements possibly? Every single race I've tried in open wheel on hardest difficulty, there is a massive crash on the first corner guaranteed every time. Seems kind of stupid... (maybe just my preference).
  • Split screen multiplayer on PC - Make option to have vertical split instead of horizontal split? Would really like to stretch the game across 2 monitors for same computer multiplayer.
  • Better/more graphics options?
That's all that comes to mind at the moment...thanks to anyone considering.

Last edited:
To open the textures with Ryders PSSG Editor, you'll need to unzip them first using 7zip.

They will open as normal after being unzipped first.

At the moment I'm not too sure whether the unzipped PSSG files will work back in game again as I only have a single car file to extract the model and textures from. I do not as of yet have a full version of the game as I am waiting to see it's modding potential.

I have tried unzip some files and replaced the originals and they worked fine.

Could someone possibly do higher resolution cockpits? This incredibly low resolution nonsense is bugging me. The game is fantastic, but the cockpit view is my favorite view and the lower resolution textures bug me in comparison to the rest of the game.

The default height of the chase cameras is 1 or 1.1 (y variable). For some reason the XML crashes (my registry is messed up I guess).
Can somebody please raise the two chase cameras to 2.6 or 3.1 and bring them back by 1.00-2.00 while adjusting the view vector so it can focus on the road ahead instead of being focused mostly on my car.

Thank you.

[QUOTE = "ML2166, post: 1.759.722, deksel: 16805"] Pak eerst naamwoord Het Bestand. Vervolgens Opent u ontmoette de editor. [/ QUOTE]

I can open a mod, but I can not open file:

Program Files (C) - Program Files - GRID Autosport - cars - models - S15 - liver_06 - textures_low,

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%