GRID Autosport Modding Questions

ouch... so obvious :D

Edit: Nope. STill gives me a "Problem Building Geometry" error... :(
Put a copy of a lod pssg into a blank folder somewhere. Unzip using 7-zip. Delete the original. Then rename the unzipped version by just adding .pssg to the filename. Import into 3DSimed.

Got it to import the 3d model, but now he doesn't even ask me about the texture location, he does load a few bits but most of the model is just blank white ...

Edit: Got it.

Edit2: It's not very helpful though... lots of mesh errors and other problems ;)

Last edited:
Got it to import the 3d model, but now he doesn't even ask me about the texture location, he does load a few bits but most of the model is just blank white ...

Edit: Got it.

Edit2: It's not very helpful though... lots of mesh errors and other problems ;)
If you load the high_lod version, under the display/object filter tab....remove/delete everything that has a x1 prefix in the list. Unzip the livery pssg of your choice into the same folder as the model pssg, then open with pssg editor and extract all textures.

Right click on a model part in 3DSimed and apply the texture from the texture file you have just extracted.

Almost done (GAS is not really suited for chrome coloured cars like the McLaren...)
gridautosport_avx2014k7om7.png

gridautosport_avx2014cgo7y.png

gridautosport_avx2014fdqxe.png

For reflection values I always find it's best to check that in game, rather than rely on a 3rd party piece of software.

can you guys give me a hand? i tried the above to open the 3d Mesh of a car on 3dsimed with no luck no model shows up on the screen, i never tried this before i was hoping it would help on making my skins

Alright here goes:
(I'll use the Dallara F312 as example)

1. Create a new folder on your desktop
  2. Navigate to "GRID Autosport/cars/models/df3/" and extract the "df3_highLOD.pssg" using 7zip
  3. Copy the new file "df3_highLOD" (w/o extension) to the folder you created on your desktop
  4. Navigate to "GRID Autosport/cars/models/df3/livery01/textures_high" (or whatever livery you are editing) and extract the "df3_tex_high_01.pssg" and "df3_tex_tm_high_01.pssg" using 7zip
  5. Copy the new files "df3_tex_high_01" and "df3_tex_tm_high_01" (w/o extension) to the folder you created on your desktop
  6. Navigate to the folder you created on your dektop
  7. Rename those three files to give them the "*.pssg" extension
  8. Fire up 3DSimED3
  9. Hit "Import"
  10. Set import method to "F1-2010/2011/GRID/DIRT(2) cars, tracks (*lod.pssg;objects.pssg)"
  11. Navigate to the folder on your desktop and select the "df3_highLOD.pssg" file for import
  12. In 3DSIMED3 switch to the tab "Display"
  13. Click on "Object Filter"
  14. Keeping "CTRL" pressed, de-select every entry having an "x1_" prefix
  15. Click "OK"
-Those next steps are only necessary if 3DSimED3 did not load all the textures and part of your model remains white-
  1. Switch to tab "Edit"
  2. Click on "Editing Materials"
  3. Go through the list and find the objects that do not have their correct textures
  4. Select such an object and hit "Edit"
  5. There is now a "Material Edit" dialog at the right side of your screen
  6. The field "texture map" should be empty
  7. Click on the empty cell to activate it
  8. Now click on the three dots (...) to search for a fitting texture
  9. Select the one you need and hit "OK"

Congratulations you are done! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years