GRID Autosport Modding Questions

Hi guys

Working on this mod, for enhanced and more realistic car physics etc

Need feedback for the project, real videos of some real cars in tracks etc
I will work on cars, and try to capture a realistic and similar behavior to the real model in videos and feedback

Working now in physics for Focus and 320.

Sorry for the bad state of vid, soon more.

mod-edit: videos go in here http://www.racedepartment.com/gallery/albums/grid-autosport.40/

[GRID] SIM Autosport MOD Vid 1 Focus Test
by Mortal on RaceDepartment Forums

Last edited:
Great work.

When working on the mirrors will you edit both left AND right mirrors?

For us triple screen users:)

Last edited:
To open the textures with Ryders PSSG Editor, you'll need to unzip them first using 7zip.

They will open as normal after being unzipped first.

At the moment I'm not too sure whether the unzipped PSSG files will work back in game again as I only have a single car file to extract the model and textures from. I do not as of yet have a full version of the game as I am waiting to see it's modding potential.

• Deleted member 161052

what are you using to open the pssg files , i carnt open any of them at the minute , really annoying :thumbsup:
I can't open them too. Let's hope that Ryder25 releases the new version of it.

Reactions: CC
To open the textures with Ryders PSSG Editor, you'll need to unzip them first using 7zip.

At the moment I'm not too sure whether the unzipped PSSG files will work back in game again as I only have a single car file to extract the model and textures from. I do not as of yet have a full version of the game as I am waiting to see it's modding potential.
Works fine but the issue is strange , as I had a Skyline R34 grid2 mod ,
so last night added that livery , when you load the game and choose the car it shows all the livery in the showroom but want load to track unless there is a little difference in one texture setting may be the issue , no too sure , but Petar from Ryder25 said this ,

Hey,

The pssg files are just compressed as a gzip file so you can open them with a zip opener, and extract the file inside. Then it should open with the pssg editor.

I don't really have the time to be making updates to do this automatically, and considering CM hid the database.bin file again, it makes modding pretty useless in my eyes, and give me even less motivation to make anymore updates.

doesn't work at my place :(. pssg editor gives error at every part of the file

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing