PC1 WOO!! Just bout pCars and all DLC on the Steam sale!

WOO HOO!!!
Now that I just built a brand new machine, I'm FINALLY able to run the new crop of racing sims.
Seeing how pCars was on sale this weekend, I went ahead and purchased it plus ALL the DLC. Cheaper than the game alone usually is. WIN.
Still about 6 hrs before it finishes downloading tho LOL oh well
Anyhow, I'd let my membership lapse here, since previously "my game" was Race 07, and that's now dead here. Sad, but it happens.
NOW I quite look forward to joining y'all in some nice gentlemanly online racing ... after I play single player for awhile to get used to the game, and get my wheel dialed in. (running a Thrustmaster RGT, tho the clutch pedal is currently non-functional (need to open the pedal box and reconnect a few wires is all) .. but that's not all that important to me, since I dont' have an h-shifter)
I'm quite excited! :D .... I've been missing my online racing.
I'll be one of your back markers ;)

Gee.. thx for the clarification... :rolleyes:
~ yeah, yeah, I know, I know how it goes...
LOL yeah, I know. sry
I'm currently fiddling with my FFB right now ... running a couple apps to adjust the "linearity" of my wheel. It's mostly feeling okay, but I can see from the telemetry graph that I'm still getting clipping (but much less than at first)
Really? I have no idea what I'm doing, and am just reading threads and PDFs and adjusting stuff incrementally according to all that.
:whistling:

During development most of the guys tweaking FFB agreed that setting FFB strength to 100% and lowering Tire Force until You see no clipping in the telemetry FFB sine curve is the first thing to do :)

At that time every car needed that adjustment, hopefully most car's FFB are better balanced for clipping.

Lowering the FFB instead of the Tire Force to avoid clipping will result in less dynamic FFB.

I've never seen such joyful posts at pCars here compared to all the vitriol. I'm not sure if these are real or sarcastic!! :O_o:

If real, enjoy!! I know I do.

I am sincerely having a TON of FUN in pCars.

I built a new PC game box / race rig recently & got back into gaming & racing...

Project Cars has captured my attention the most (and I have all recent racing games).

AC has a good bit "better grip & better feel" but weak AI, weak "career", weak depth of tracks & no cars that I really give a crap about - but there are a FEW that I do like...

Dirt Rally is fun as hell in RX mode... and I enjoy the regular rally mode too.

Game Stock Cars EXTREME (?) is still great, but I wish I knew & cared about the tracks.

Since I built this new PC game box, I decided to install GRID 2 & SHIFT 2 (got them on sale but never played them on my old box) and they are both fun for arcade racing...

I probably just need to spend more time with all of these, but pCars instantly caught my attention with excellent graphics, tons or tracks & cars that I like & even "real weather" it was easy to jump in & have fun immediately!!!!!!!!

Since I haven't raced in long time & this was a new game, I decide to start on NOVICE - but after 3 races - I had to search to try & change / delete profiles & career modes...

After deleting my "default.sav" I tried Amateur mode & after 6 or 8 races, I decided to go to PRO.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...anyone-tell-me-what-the-default-configuration

Anyway, I did not race for a week and a half @ PRO and had to go back to the Amateur profile I had renamed rather than deleting... and I am still tweaking the config & dialing it in to go PRO again... but it is hard to remember where all the options are in the many, many menus (times 5 games).

Anyhoo... the game is very pretty on my new PC & I am having a lot of fun!

Last edited:
Since installing updates I notice that the handling of some cars has improved, the Clio for example, when I first got it, it was awful and tended to just slide off the road at speed especially at Oulton Park in that down hill twisty bit. But now it is much much better, good work there.

I used to race on Road America in the TOCA series and the track in PCars is 10000% better than in that, it's hard to believe it's the same track.

Last edited:
OMG ~ I LOVE THIS MUSTANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to run Amateur laps w/ me on THURS night?
  • FORD MUSTANG Boss 302R1
  • my fave = Laguna Seca (noobs call it Mazda Raceway) + your favs
  • 6pm CT (central time) & maybe a mic to talk on Steam
Please reply here & I will figure out how to host - or you can - or whatev...

*I hope I did not break some freaking event rule... I just want to run for for fun!

Well if we get any online race started up, I am game to run any other car...

What is your fav car / track?

PS: If anyone knows the hosting routine, please give pointers...

*STEAM = AMA_King = http://steamcommunity.com/id/videogameracing
friended you ... my steam name is artao
fave car/track .. wow .. uhhhh
well, the BMW M3, Astin Martin, and RUF GTR cars are, in general, my faves
Track-wise, in no particular order: Road America, Nordschleiffe, Laguna Seca, Oschersleben, Spa Francorchamps

I'm fine trying to drive the Mustang BOSS .. I'm just not very good with it ;) (EDIT: who am I kidding, I'm pretty slow with anything LOL)

Hosting is pretty straight forward. Just create the game and set it up to be public or not (which I'm assuming not public, seeing as you're looking for races thru here -- public races would end up having the typical crashers and whatnot) ... set the track, cars, laps, weather, etc .. good to go. :)

Last edited:
Added u on Steam too...

I tried racing online tonight too & did not see any way to edit my game name or set it to private.
I will have to jack with it some more, I was playing with my new (very loud) speakers too!!!!

Anyway - I run off the track every damn lap... sometimes 2-3 times, so iRacing hated me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back