Wish I could throw more money a this game. They abandoned too early.

mariokart67

10RPM
Original poster
Mar 16, 2019
This feels like a movie star whose life was cut short, a James Dean, Bruce Lee, or Marilyn Monroe.

I literally WANT to but more official DLC, yet, there's none left to buy.

Reiza dropped the ball.

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
Dec 26, 2006
Lol abandoned too early? This game had active support (and still has today) since it's conception as Game Stock Car back in ....... 2009! That's 10 full years of development. :D

Not sure if we have walking encyclopedia's here but I think this might be the longest supported sim after iracing.

Reactions: RaceNut

RaceNut

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 5, 2009
This feels like a movie star whose life was cut short, a James Dean, Bruce Lee, or Marilyn Monroe.

Reiza dropped the ball.
I suspect the reason you feel that way is because of the quality and attention to detail that Reiza put into it. AMS is one of my most appreciated titles because of that and also because it offers some uncommon content but, the driving experience is consistently superb imo.

The only things missing for me are VR support and an advanced drive-train model. Considering the platform the title is built on, I think AMS is an amazing result.

Andy_J

I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 2, 2010

Reiza dropped the ball.
There are plenty of mods to alter/add to the massive sim too. What more do you want?
8kj2TZx.png

Gringo

500RPM
Feb 13, 2015
In theory, isn’t there still one more DLC coming?
If I recall the final DLC is free content.

Edit... Err um maybe not for some. Seasons pass buyers, and those in the crowd funding should get the final DLC gratis.

Dethrone1427

500RPM
Sep 29, 2015
Reiza should license the AC engine and take things even further.
Orrrr the PC2 one. Someone made mention of it the other day and I thought that kinda made sense. Imagine what Reiza could do with it?! It would be stunning.

gambolmaker

50RPM
Jul 10, 2017
For my taste, everything that's needed is rain, saving races and a bit of eye candy, like animated drivers. But that's all stuff that was never made for rF1, so I doubt Reiza where able/allowed to add it... more like allowed, since it's all in GTR2, which shares the same core.

tlsmikey

500RPM
Feb 24, 2016
Car selection hurt this title more than anything. It’s one of my all time favorites but they could have used some licensed hard top content. GT2, GT3, LMP2, Porsche cup (Boxer is excellent). Etc.

blot

100RPM
Premium
Mar 21, 2013
I bought AMS in a steam sale for a tenner ages ago, Never really bothered with it as i was too into AC, Couple of weeks ago i fired it up, Put a nice pp filter on it, Downloaded a load of mods and TBH i really rate this sim, I really quite like the retro look of it, It drives great with excellent physics and FFB and the Ai is some of the most sensible that i've raced against, I think Reiza did a fantastic job on this with what they had, I actually prefer this over RF2 ATM!

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
t’s one of my all time favorites but they could have used some licensed hard top content. GT2, GT3, LMP2, Porsche cup (Boxer is excellent). Etc.
Ah, so you're after fun and unique cars ;)

smasha

250RPM
Mar 1, 2010
I actually love the graphics in this sim,Reiza team crammed alot of detail into the tracks and I love the displays and cockpits.

Also the content is tremendous.

Also the ffb and physics are fantastic for a sim built on an old engine,up there with the best of em,I reckon the ffb is the best of all the sims but let’s not start a war.

Salivating over Automobilista 2.