Wipers not removing water on windshield

Anyone else run across this? I'm using the AC Fiat Abarth 500 step1, and for some reason the wipers don't clear the windshield. Is it just the way this car has been modeled, as on other AC cars I haven't seen this issue. (tried it on AC tracks as well as MOD tracks just to verify) . Car is updated to latest version, and I also reinstalled it.
Screenshot_22.png

Here's a fix not only for the Fiat 500 but also all the other Kunos cars with non clearing wipers. Just drop the files into the assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/loaded folder and replace files when prompted.

The way I did this is to add this line to the ini:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Where surface is the windscreen mesh and wipers the wiper mesh(es).

I want to add the fixes to the Content Manager updates but I need to get my head around that first. If anyone feels like doing this please be my guest.

Last edited:
Here's a fix not only for the Fiat 500 but also all the other Kunos cars with non clearing wipers. Just drop the files into the assettocorsa/extension/config/cars/loaded folder and replace files when prompted.

The way I did this is to add this line to the ini:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE =
WIPERS =

Where surface is the windscreen mesh and wipers the wiper mesh(es).

I want to add the fixes to the Content Manager updates but I need to get my head around that first. If anyone feels like doing this please be my guest.
Mino. thank you for the reply.
Sorry, but I'm a little confused. I found the ini file, and I think I found the section that you're talking about, but I'm not sure I understand what to type.
These are the lines I think you said.

[WIPERS]
FRONT_0=Geometry
FRONT_1=Geometry90
BACK=Geometry91

yes, you can just put the ini file that I uploaded into the folder mentioned above and replace the file there and it should work.

The explanation was just so you can fix cars that don't work yourself, you can find out the names of the relevant meshes in content managers showroom by clicking on them.

But try copying the files into the folder first and if you need further explanation on how to fix it yourself just ask!

Last edited:
Mino. I did not realize that there was a file on google drive for me. I saw that, but as I couldn't read what it said, I assumed it was an advertisement, and ignored it. I've request access, so as soon as I get the email back saying I have access, then I'll try it.

Ah sorry, I must have removed the file by accident and I never saw the replies here!

But also the fix doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Back then I tried to upload the files to github so they would update the cars for everyone via Content Manager and the people there told me I was doing it wrong and it was only a workaround anyways.

I was under the impression they would fix it themselves the proper way subsequentially but apparently they haven't.

So I have no idea at the moment how to fix it the proper way and I guess we'd need to contact the people taking care of the files there and ask them to fix it please!

Last edited:
Ah sorry, I must have removed the file by accident and I never saw the replies here!

But also the fix doesn't seem to work for me anymore. Back then I tried to upload the files to github so they would update the cars for everyone via Content Manager and the people there told me I was doing it wrong and it was only a workaround anyways.

I was under the impression they would fix it themselves the proper way subsequentially but apparently they haven't.

So I have no idea at the moment how to fix it the proper way and I guess we'd need to contact the people taking care of the files there and ask them to fix it please!
i found how to fix most cars, one of the guys above has a detailed page here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-get-wipers-to-clear-rain-off-of-the-windshield.198295/
thanks for the reply though mate

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back