[WIP] Urban scratch made track - Coruna City

Hi to all.

I'm a newbie making tracks, in fact this is my first track. This is a very old project, I think I started it in 2002. So Google Maps, Street View and Earth did not exist, I only made some buildings with Zanoza Modeler v.07b and Bob's Track Builder. I'll explain it to you because it probably doesn't have the best geometries or the best textures, be gentle please. Now these days I am working on it again and converting it to Assetto Corsa. Anyway here you got some pics.

Coruna City is a real town located on Spain. But the circuit is fantasy. If you take a look on Google Street View or Google Earth you will see that some things are different.
This is for two reasons. First, because many things have changed since I started the project. And second, because I'm taking quite a few artistic licenses, I don't want to make an exact duplicate.

Some Notes:

- Yes, I still model with Zanoza Modeler v0.7b: lol:. It is one of the reasons why I model so slow. I'm using this, Photoshop, 3DSimEd and KSEditor, only this.
- All the cars parked on the track come from my old mods, specifically from the games NFS High Stakes, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, NFS Most Wanted Revival Mod, and NFS Shift 1 Top Gear Mod.
- There are 3D objects downloaded from the net, free and without a known author.
- The track is fully functional and works in virtually all game modes, with replay cameras, artificial intelligence, and more. But at the moment it is not finished, for that reason I can only offer you images and not a download link.
- Like I said I work on this in my spare time, and I don't have much. Obviously there will be updates, but not anytime soon.

M84NAGT.jpg

KvhhGHY.jpg

GX61jCr.jpg

TzDTzAM.jpg

Y6qI52G.jpg

ZXonhT0.jpg

izdUGqc.jpg

l9sTsWH.jpg

VxZWAia.jpg

45Nr3VQ.jpg

Still working on it.

- New pitlane finished. With numbering on the ground and indicator arrows. These marks were first made with the same textures as the crosswalks, road lines, etc., but it looks better like this. It's on a wide straight, easy to get in and out of, no juggling to get into the pits.

vuVKewn.jpg

mVTvZjT.jpg

sgND5Qj.jpg

bCXZLpx.jpg

- I close the concert area. New marks on the asphalt, revised textures and position of objects, etc.

8OUiCqz.jpg

- The end of the straight already has asphalt. It remains to define gardens, curbs, sidewalks, etc. But with barriers, parked vehicles and so on, one can no longer fall into the void.

i7Br4Ib.jpg

k3AO3dp.jpg

nV8Fj3F.jpg

Last edited:
- Finished all the marks of the asphalt: yields, arrows, etc.

2eTAa48.jpg

- Collisionable objects. Before, if you crashed into a garbage container, you were stuck. Now the container goes flying. The same for traffic signs (which I still have many to do and put).

af8I6Cg.jpg

- Added 3D grass and vegetation to other areas, this is not yet finished far from it, there are many areas in which to "plant".

2uyPEml.jpg

Z06hEL9.jpg

ThEK4yw.jpg

- Night lighting completed, including animated music stage lights.

- Finished ambient sounds: sirens, applause, music, etc.

Still needs a lot of 3D design work. At the moment I can only show you this. Greetings.

Last edited:
Well, wow, just wow - looks amazing! I can't wait to try this whenever that may be!

If I had the know how I'd make something similar but with UK driving rules and if possible traffic lights and be free roam - and create a learners "learn to drive" map for assetto.

Anyway, got my beady eye on this.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%