WIP Summit Point Raceway

I just ran some test laps in the MX5. For a first track created with RTB, it's really pretty good. The track surface might be a teensy bit too bumpy, and likely some of the more precise surface features may not be there, but the overall flow and elevation is pretty good.

Just keep working on it. 3Ds Max is a BEAST of a program (I use it) but once you figure out where everything is (and that's half of learning it), understand it's quirks and still beta-like interface and clunky processes, it is very powerful.

Finish the main track, then round everything out with the shorter Jefferson tracks, and it will be a nice addition to Assetto Corsa.

Be sure to look at Ghoult's Horsma Raceway for inspiration. It still needs work, but for his first effort, it's amazing. I think he used Blender to develop it, and he followed some useful online pages about developing your first track.

I'll be watching this thread.

Horsma Raceway
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/horsma-raceway.170927/

Tutorials
https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/proper-technique-in-track-making-plus-tips.122794/

here is a new link for anyone having trouble
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QLHyWNMU4iYjO0E6iPZMma432XDE2LHe

also updated original post with old link with new one.
Thanks, it works now. It was definitely just the kn5 in the previous download.
I took my go-to test car (the BAC Mono) out and did a few laps and for me the track is far too bumpy at the moment. It's like driving over parallel ruts all the time, with the car constantly shaking. I tried the softer-sprung Kunos MX5 ND as well and it wasn't much better. If you can tone down the bumps then the track has promise, but at the moment it's pretty much undriveable for me. Not sure if others feel the same but I thought you'd appreciate the feedback.
(This was with the motion rig turned off as well)

Thanks, it works now. It was definitely just the kn5 in the previous download.
I took my go-to test car (the BAC Mono) out and did a few laps and for me the track is far too bumpy at the moment. It's like driving over parallel ruts all the time, with the car constantly shaking. I tried the softer-sprung Kunos MX5 ND as well and it wasn't much better. If you can tone down the bumps then the track has promise, but at the moment it's pretty much undriveable for me. Not sure if others feel the same but I thought you'd appreciate the feedback.
(This was with the motion rig turned off as well)
I only released this because the other dude ask. I am gonna attempt to build a lidar based model so this will not get updated until then sorry. I know its bumpy.

I added a smoother physical model for the road.
It works well and I get a better FFB.
There is no too much steering vibration and I can drive very enjoyable.
I think this track is very good at this stage, so we don't necessarily need LiDAR version.
The LiDAR version may be great.
However, the important thing is to complete this plan and complete a track where we can race.
Please give us the opportunity to race at SummitPoint.

Please pay attention to the movement of the tire.

keep in touch.;)

@OP Thanks for posting the WIP earlier this year! I'd been loosely following this thread since last year some time and was hoping something would be out with my first time on summit main (real life) approaching! Perfect or not, it's a great mnemonic device for pre-learning a track and keep from having to waste real paid-for seat time just remembering what's next. Far more efficient for me than just watching videos. Good luck with your updated version!.

I did divide and smoothing points and little bit jitter to physics objects for Road.
wire.jpg

and, added detail material to road surface.

Last edited:
This is an awesome track. I had a beta version earlier on this year and used it to run an in real life 1:18.7 while chasing a McLaren Senna. My "best case" SIM time was 1:18.5; I used track attack to store a reference lap on my laptop in case I was running slower then expected. Anyone that wants to use this as a training tool should. I'll do some data analysis on the 0.8 release version to see if it lines up as perfectly (I'm sure it does).

For those interested here's me chasing a McLaren Senna - the fastest lap starts at 3:40 (exit of 10).

This is an awesome track. I had a beta version earlier on this year and used it to run an in real life 1:18.7 while chasing a McLaren Senna. My "best case" SIM time was 1:18.5; I used track attack to store a reference lap on my laptop in case I was running slower then expected. Anyone that wants to use this as a training tool should. I'll do some data analysis on the 0.8 release version to see if it lines up as perfectly (I'm sure it does).

For those interested here's me chasing a McLaren Senna - the fastest lap starts at 3:40 (exit of 10).

nice video :)

I wanted to ask the driver who is actually running there.
Is there a night game facility(lights) that can run at night?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back