WIP Summit Point Raceway

Its not available yet. I am working on this in race track builder. I ran a few laps around this track circa 1992 in a friends Kart, but that is so long ago i cant remember what the track was like. I will defiantly need some options from people that drive it. I am working on smoothing and it is taking awhile. Plus busy at work right now. I have a few days off coming up so I hope to work on it some.

There is proper lidar data for this course. If you aren't utilizing it then on afraid you are wasting your time. No real life driver input will ever be as good as proper data which is out there for free. RTB is not the best software for this.

There is proper lidar data for this course. If you aren't utilizing it then on afraid you are wasting your time. No real life driver input will ever be as good as proper data which is out there for free. RTB is not the best software for this.
I understand that RTB is not the best software.... I am trying to learn blender, but this is a steep learning curve. Could you pass a link or were I can find the lidar data. I should be able to at least inject that into RTB till I have the time for learning blender. Also if you know of any good tutorials on using blender for making tracks I would be interested in that’s as well. Love your tracks by the way. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Before starting any US track it is a good idea to check this site:
https://coast.noaa.gov/inventory/

It will show if an area is scanned, when, basic specs of the data, and most importantly where to get it. Not all data is public but a lot is.

sm.JPG

upload_2019-2-22_18-41-24.png

Summit Point has been on my list for a while now. Just haven't had time to get to it.

The sooner you figure out Blender the better off you will be. At the very least get some better trees and throw the RTB ones in the trash. Whoever thought they looked good and should be included needs some glasses.

Before starting any US track it is a good idea to check this site:
https://coast.noaa.gov/inventory/

It will show if an area is scanned, when, basic specs of the data, and most importantly where to get it. Not all data is public but a lot is.

View attachment 292902

View attachment 292903

Summit Point has been on my list for a while now. Just haven't had time to get to it.

The sooner you figure out Blender the better off you will be. At the very least get some better trees and throw the RTB ones in the trash. Whoever thought they looked good and should be included needs some glasses.
Thanks for the info! If this is a track you wanted to do I don't want to step on your toes. My original thought was to get a roughed in track with RTB and then when i learn to use blender update the fbx via blender. there is a way for RTB to pull data off servers with lidar and some other much more accurate than the google. It isn't an easy set up but possible. Any way if you want to do this track, let me know yours would be better than mine. I was also playing around with limerock and mont tremblant some. Just thought SP would be easier for the fact its a smaller track.

There is no stepping on toes here. Just because I want to do a track doesn't mean nobody else can do it. It is a good track to learn on since it is fairly simple and short. Everyone starts from somewhere. I would be more inclined to help out than to say no you can't do this track. Get the data and play with it and see if you can build the track on it. I'm sure you will find out just how much different it will be than what you have now.

I think you just posted the kn5, not a driveable track.
I looked on my phone find details and you will find all files. You should be able to download kn5, map.png, data folder and ui folder, data has crew, surfaces and map .ini files in it. Ui folder has preview .png and 2 outline .png and a track .json. I can find it all though the link with my phone. You should be able to download a folder that is labeled Summit_Point_Raceway that you can drop right into your tracks folder.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%