Tracks WIP Sachsenring 67

I've almost finished this track, complete with a bumpy road surface which I added, everything is done, TV cameras, AI, new 3d buildings etc and Andre Streu has okayed the release - except for one problem, someone called Slider916 converted Andre's track to rfactor and I'm having trouble finding an email address for Slider 916. If you have his address could you PM me, thanks.

If Slider916 just did the conversion and didn't create any new items do you need his permission if you have the original creators ok.
Because aren't you just converting already converted files.
I could understand if he added new stuff but if he didn't then is any of it his.
I'm no expert just wondering.

If Slider916 just did the conversion and didn't create any new items do you need his permission if you have the original creators ok.
Because aren't you just converting already converted files.
I could understand if he added new stuff but if he didn't then is any of it his.
I'm no expert just wondering.
The original track maker says I need Slider916's permission so I'm not going to go against that.

Wow, great news ! I have always been a great fan of that track, modern and classic layout too, perhaps classic layout is even better, certainly has more soul in it. If you'd need any testing I could do it, I also slightly familiar with tracks modeling/modding for AC :)

Very nice of original author to give permission. I would say that the original author approval is the main thing, but most likely Slider916 has improved a lot of things if you also need his permission. I hope you will be able to contact him soon.

There was one terrible event some time ago. One guy, or maybe it was two guys, converted Targa Florio to AC, it looked pretty good from previews. The track had a lot of authors. First of all original authors for GPL, then authors of rF conversion, at the end one of the rF conversion guys has just said "NO". Well.... I hope such thing won't happen to you. I also hope that your conversion is proper :)

Wow, great news ! I have always been a great fan of that track, modern and classic layout too, perhaps classic layout is even better, certainly has more soul in it. If you'd need any testing I could do it, I also slightly familiar with tracks modeling/modding for AC :)

Very nice of original author to give permission. I would say that the original author approval is the main thing, but most likely Slider916 has improved a lot of things if you also need his permission. I hope you will be able to contact him soon.

There was one terrible event some time ago. One guy, or maybe it was two guys, converted Targa Florio to AC, it looked pretty good from previews. The track had a lot of authors. First of all original authors for GPL, then authors of rF conversion, at the end one of the rF conversion guys has just said "NO". Well.... I hope such thing won't happen to you. I also hope that your conversion is proper :)
I'm gonna see if there is a youtube of GPL Sachsenring67 and see if the rfactor version has made improvements or if it's just a straight up conversion. My version has added lots of trees to cover up the treewalls, added new buildings, 60s billboards and roadbumps.

EDIT, I just watched a youtube video and Slider916 did make a few changes, so his permission will be required.
PS how the hell does a game made in 1998 have a better F1 67 engine sound than AC?

Sorry but I won't be able to release this track. I just heard from Andre Streu and Slider916 converted this track to rfactor from GTL without permission so it's not a legitimate release. I might try converting the GTL version (I haven't tried doing this yet for AC) apparently Slider916 made a bad name for himself by releasing a lot of tracks without permission. Wish I'd known.

So why Andre Streu asked you to get Sliders permission too at the beginning if he knew that Slider done rF conversion without permission ?
He didn't. He thought I'd converted the GTL version and wanted me to get permission for that, once I told him that I'd converted the rfactor version he told me that it was an illegal conversion.

Do we have any track converted directly from GPL, and not from rFactor in AC ? :)

The original track maker says I need Slider916's permission so I'm not going to go against that.

Well, you said that original track maker said that you need Sliders permission.

Then you said:

Sorry but I won't be able to release this track. I just heard from Andre Streu and Slider916 converted this track to rfactor from GTL without permission so it's not a legitimate release. I might try converting the GTL version (I haven't tried doing this yet for AC) apparently Slider916 made a bad name for himself by releasing a lot of tracks without permission. Wish I'd known.

Did Andre just changed his mind, or did he just realised "oh wait, I didn't gave permission to the Slider, lets call it off".

I guess you guys just misunderstood eachother :D

So you need to start from scratch? Or start converting the GPL version?
I've asked the converter of the GT Legends version because his conversion was released with permission. I've got the GTL version into AC but I won't do any work on it until I get the go ahead. I've got three tracks almost ready for release that do have permission.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 261 13.6%