WIP Pictures and Videos of Pontiac Firebird Trans Am by Team21 and Friends

Since GTL still is a very Fun-loving Race simulator Team 21 decided to create some competition for the Boss Mustang and Mercury Cougar.

Team 21 is proud to announce and show us the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am project.
The bottom of the model is borrowed from the Cougar, and adapted to the dimensions of the Firebird, Then details where added.
The body mapping and the wheels are finished.

The current model is already ingame and Team 21 is busy working on sound and physics.
There will be two different versions as far as physics for this vehicle are concerned. One that emphasizes the unique position of the Bolliger-vehicle and one that reflects the Firebird in the TransAm specification.
Backfires, brake and tail lights are already implemented. and a secondary HUD type is implemented.
Source

8195257340_5c0473bb9b_b.jpg

8194162741_6ac24914cf_b.jpg

8195255432_714e3289f1_b.jpg

8194162367_6a04c7cbcb_b.jpg

The weekly series (after S10) will be a single make one using the Scirocco Mk1.

There could well be some events using these cars, but a mixed series? Probably not, the Boss & Cougar (iirc) are not particularly close to each other in pace anyway. I'm fairly sure when we tested them that the Boss was a couple of sec quicker pretty much everywhere.

The weekly series (after S10) will be a single make one using the Scirocco Mk1.

There could well be some events using these cars, but a mixed series? Probably not, the Boss & Cougar (iirc) are not particularly close to each other in pace anyway. I'm fairly sure when we tested them that the Boss was a couple of sec quicker pretty much everywhere.
Hopefully the Firebird will match one of them. Could the files not be "tweaked" to being the closer together?

The vid is on Machwerk even!!

Tim Ling brb, changing, white stuff on underpants.

Thank you Team 21 and friends!

Some day in GTL we will be able to have a Trans Am themed race with mixed NA/EU/AUS/etc cars! :thumbsup:
But perhaps not just yet.... eventually there will be enough mixed cars though.

Just hope my inet is behaving on release day and later during a potential future club event.

Ian Strom
Ian, did you ever take a look at GamersCrib? Those guys have been running a muscle car only league for quite some time with tweaked files to make them better matched. We could never do that here cuz many of the cars they use are illegal mods and tweaking the files would mean asking for permission from all the modders plus we would all need to have a GTL installation solely for use with that car set to try and minimize conflicts.

As cool as it would be, I don't see it happening. At least not right now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back