Tracks [WIP] Pau Arnos (France)

Hi guys,

I'm not 3D competent at all... but thanks to RTB I decided to start modding and create real club tracks from France, I've driven IRL (to start with) and actually not available on AC.

First one on the list I'm working on at the moment is Pau-Arnos.
Not to confuse with Pau, which is a temporary city track, Arnos is a small village nearby Pau (south west of France). It offers a fun club track, with lot of elevation, decent speed... One of my favourite club track in France.

It's my first attempt, so it's definetely not gonna look AAA or as what other top modders propose here. But I'm quite happy (remember I'm not a 3D competent guy).

It's almost ready, here how it looks at the moment in RTB :
1521688296-pau01.png

1521688127-pau02.png

1521688102-pau03.png
1521688139-pau04.png

1521688361-pau05.png

I will propose for download within few days. Just need to polish few things, and export to AC.

That's looking pretty good, for your first attempt at a track for AC :thumbsup: I like the look of the layout, and especially the elevation changes - definitely my kind of track.

I will be sure to try it out when you release it and give you some feedback. In my opinion though, RTB is a good way for a novice to get started in track making, but if you think that you will want to make Kunos-quality tracks for AC then eventually you will outgrow RTB and want to move on to something more capable like Blender or 3ds max. These programs will not only give you more control but help you make better looking projects too :)

Hi guys,

I'm not 3D competent at all... but thanks to RTB I decided to start modding and create real club tracks from France, I've driven IRL (to start with) and actually not available on AC.

First one on the list I'm working on at the moment is Pau-Arnos.
Not to confuse with Pau, which is a temporary city track, Arnos is a small village nearby Pau (south west of France). It offers a fun club track, with lot of elevation, decent speed... One of my favourite club track in France.

It's my first attempt, so it's definetely not gonna look AAA or as what other top modders propose here. But I'm quite happy (remember I'm not a 3D competent guy).

It's almost ready, here how it looks at the moment in RTB :
1521688296-pau01.png

1521688127-pau02.png

1521688102-pau03.png
1521688139-pau04.png

1521688361-pau05.png

I will propose for download within few days. Just need to polish few things, and export to AC.
I would enhance the quality of these sand spots, they don't look this terrible now but when driving you are going to notice them. Looks good though

thanks mate. Not sure I want (or even can) to become an expert and move to more professionnel way to do. I don't have lot of free time. So i might want to improve my skills in RTB for the moment and see what I can do better in this tool.
For sure it's not gonna look Kunos quality, but it offers a good ratio of quick/easy/result for me right now.

Tried the track in AC yesterday evening. I'm quite happy with the overall look, seems better than the screenshots from RTB i posted yesterday.
I wanted to release a beta today, but i'm not happy with the road mesh. Some straight lines need to be flatened, and mostly not happy with the tiny "corkscrew". It almost like a drop at the moment, where it should be much more smooth.
I'll work on that asap and propose the beta then.

Yeah, the shots from inside AC or the AC editor will look much better than from RTB, due to the shaders.

Track looks like heaps of fun. Can't wait to try it.

Also as a fellow RTB track builder, looking forward to having a look at how you've gone about it, and following your progress from here!

To me, this looks like a cross between Putnam Park & Weissach test track, and looks to be a lot of fun to drive.

Also, feel free to post this and any other RTB tracks you make to /myRTBtracks ;)

Looking very nice so far, can't wait to try it out:D Mesh looks on point, though I feel the textures could be inproved;) unfortunately I don't have any experience in making tracks, so I can't offer much with the details.

Either way looking forward to trying it out in the future!

Are you using the random noise feature in the road cross section?
I found that is usually pretty hard to get right. So I had it off, or all set to zero, and then the plan is obviously make the second mesh with the physics and road feel later on...

sorry guys I had no time to work on it... I definitely want to release something, but something useful.
I will try what you recommended. But I also read something on the RTB FAQ on steam :

When driving on your track in Assetto Corsa, the road can be overly bumpy or the car can fall through the track/terrain.

Cause: AC requires sections of track/terrain that are not too large. Your individual track sections are too large.

Solution: Create Tracks that are small in size, around 1 kilometer in length [Note: I've yet to see exact specifications from AC on this, but limiting to 1km has worked for me].

I will check but maybe my sections are too long ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back