WIP Mount Panorama Bathurst 1985

Hi everyone,

I initially started this back in 2010 for RF1...but it was too hard and my skill level was not good enough.

Well, not I am not sure about my skill level, but I have started again and trying to get a good representation of the 1985 Mount Panorama track.

1985 had the newer entrance to the pits and the new run off at McPhillamy Park but still had Conrod Straight, old pits etc.

I am at the stage where the terrain is being stitched and worked on. It is a mammoth job and hope to release an early Beta version before Christmas.

More info is over at the RF2 forums, but I will post here as well.

The 1985 track is similar but very different to the modern track, being more narrow, less run-off and grass right to the track edge.

Mike.

Mike's Track Building

wip41.jpgwip42.jpgwip43.jpgwip44.jpgwip45.jpgwip46.jpgwip49.jpgwip51.jpgwip52.jpgwip53.jpg

Hi everyone,

Another update after having to basically rebuild the track as the elevations were all wrong over the top of the mountain.

Things are progressing now to where 90% of the terrain is done and ready to start mapping the grasses and add buildings and trees.

This version will also have the Bathurst Drive-In as well as it was operating then.

Also, the road markings and repairs will be done before the next video.

Mike

Hi everyone. There has been a long delay in updates as I was caring for my wife. She passed away on the 20th December. Once I get through this month, I will be back to working on Bathurst full steam ahead.

Here is a little update. Track objects (building etc) are mainly place holders until I build / mod them fresh. A lot has changed since 1985, and very few of the houses and building are the same as they were. The biggest job will be the bridge and the building at each end.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back