Tracks (WIP) Midfield Raceway (feedback welcome)

Yeah I've always done it this way, too... :) I was just wondering if it might cause trouble with glass for some reason.

My time is running out for the next few months, so I might just release what I have right now :D

Release 0.6 beta:

Changelog:
- better tree shadows
- higher tree texture resolution
- added fences around the track and some walls in the last two corners
- added f1 skin for cm by Ofitus21 (thanks!)
- converted all pngs to dds for better performance
- gave billboards a better material instead of plain colors
- some minor fixes
- grandstands like in GT6 and new spectators
- split the track up into multiple .kn5 files

I will probably stop working on it for the next few months due to personal reasons... But I still have big plans for the track and plan to continue building and improving it in the future.

I would be very happy if you gave it a test drive and give me any feedback.

Hint: The track is optimized for usage with CSP (custom shaders patch). If it doesn't look like this, you probably don't use CSP, especially regarding the 3D grass.

To-Do:
- rocks
- add some imperfections to walls and fences
- skidmarks
- more diverse textures for grass, rocks, etc.
- make textures look less repetitive
- tunnel reverb sound FX
- track lights for night races
- details, details, details

Thanks to:
- Sony/Polyphony for the great track
- NightEye87 and many others in the RD forum for the countless detailed answers to my noob questions
- LilSki and many others for the great tutorials
- steevee for the tv cameras
- Ofitus21 for the F1 skin and initial AI lines
- My buddy Tobsen for the feedback and fun we already had on the track
- All of you for the nice feedback I received on YT, RD, etc.!

Download track:

Car:
Nissan GT-R R35 GT500 2013
https://chivas-autoart.***********/home

Last edited:
I officially released it, as I will be very busy the next months...

I didn't plan to release it in this state because I think many people will only download a track once and never update it (yes I'm guilty), but I will probably stop working on it for the next few months due to personal reasons... So I decided more people than just the few forum users can already enjoy it for a while. :D
But I still have big plans for the track and plan to continue building and improving it in the future.

See y'all soon!

I officially released it, as I will be very busy the next months...

I didn't plan to release it in this state because I think many people will only download a track once and never update it (yes I'm guilty), but I will probably stop working on it for the next few months due to personal reasons... So I decided more people than just the few forum users can already enjoy it for a while. :D
But I still have big plans for the track and plan to continue building and improving it in the future.

See y'all soon!

The right call. The track might not be finished yet, but it looks incredible as of today. Unbelieveable effort

Thanks again mate! Now imagine what would be possible with all that effort if I actually knew what I was doing lol :D

One question @everyone: How is the performance (ie. framerate) for you so far, compared to other tracks?

Last edited:
Thanks again mate! Now imagine what would be possible with all that effort if I actually knew what I was doing lol :D

One question @everyone: How is the performance (ie. framerate) for you so far, compared to other tracks?
Lower than other tracks, but overall pretty solid. However, I have one particular issue which I don't know is anyone else has, but when I enter the tunnel after the Hairpin I lose suddenly a ton of frames

Whoopsie, seems like I forgot that during the png/dds conversion... I will pack it into the release :)

Edit: huh, it seems a bit big to me with 85mb, doesn't it? Mine is already big with 16mb

Last edited:
Hey guys... I will soon release a new version of my track. However I wanted to add a building containing glass windows and am not sure what shaders to use. Is this still state of the art or is there something better by now (especially with CSP)?

I can't get it to work properly...

I would also be satisfied if it's a nice reflective surface with no transparency, but that's not working either. :D
I can't wait to see the latest release and give it a try!!

I will have a look at it within the next few days. Maybe 4096*4096 is a bit overkill anyway.

Have fun mate!

Mid Field Raceway V0.6 Mazda RT24 DPi Showcase!! - YouTube

And fun was had!! Here is my latest race from earlier today!! Great add-ons to your work!! Love this place! I noticed you trimmed the 'ramp' down after the final turn...love it! Just enough to remind us what's happening, but not launching us to the moon!! I love how you left the front straight with the humps and bumps! Feels natural! The only thing I could go for, especially for evening and night driving would be added lighting around the circuit. It feels like an event to race here, the laps happen quickly, and the added crowd makes it feel something extra special! Similar to the Nurburgring 24-hour race!

Great Work as always!!

Mid Field Raceway V0.6 Mazda RT24 DPi Showcase!! - YouTube

And fun was had!! Here is my latest race from earlier today!! Great add-ons to your work!! Love this place! I noticed you trimmed the 'ramp' down after the final turn...love it! Just enough to remind us what's happening, but not launching us to the moon!! I love how you left the front straight with the humps and bumps! Feels natural! The only thing I could go for, especially for evening and night driving would be added lighting around the circuit. It feels like an event to race here, the laps happen quickly, and the added crowd makes it feel something extra special! Similar to the Nurburgring 24-hour race!

Great Work as always!!

Very cool mate! It was fun to watch... and I definitely agree about the night races! Lighting is already on my to do list :)

Thanks as always for that very positive feedback! I even forgot about the change I made to the last corner's crest, so I forgot to mention it in the change log. I'm surprised you noticed the change!

Very cool mate! It was fun to watch... and I definitely agree about the night races! Lighting is already on my to do list :)

Thanks as always for that very positive feedback! I even forgot about the change I made to the last corner's crest, so I forgot to mention it in the change log. I'm surprised you noticed the change!

I felt it right away, I was driving a GT3 car and the car didn't take off :D . Good change IMO, the new crest feels way nicer

Thanks!! Mid-Field has always been such a fun and fast circuit ever since we first got it in GT2! Your rendition of it is GT to the max!! And as always, looking forwards to the next update!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%