Hello dear people of RaceDepartment! I'm honored of my membership in this forum. With this opportunity I want to find out if there is something that I and community want, in order to motivate myself more. All of them are road cars that can surprise on a race track or cruisers.

So, what of these cars should I pick for modelling, in your opinion? Which car does AC need the most?

EDIT explained a bit more

I have to say the Alfa 156
GTA_header.jpg

406 Coupe :inlove: My dad used to have one. The Coupe is piece of art from pininfarina. I’ve always wanted to drive( read trow around) one in a sim.

Last edited:
Pro tip : voting for all cars won't make them all magically appear in AC

Why do i always vote for the lowest? XD
i'm all about minority...

The '94 Camaro got me excited until I read the road car bit in the OP; I'd love a good mod of the Trans-Am race car.

With that in mind, the TVR Griffith would be my top choice. Far and away the prettiest car on there imo

Why is clearly the best candidate all the way on the bottom of this list??? :D Its ironic having the name of the simulation in the name of the car as is the case with the
Maserati 3200GT "Assetto Corsa" but quite a car she is
MASERATI-3200-GT-3111_32.jpg

maserati-3200gt-c715102042016211823_2.jpg

RS-5-maserati-3200-sts_9840-762x456.jpg

Last edited:
Could you elaborate on the spline technique? I've read about it in Blender forums, how do you use it most effectively? Looks great!
Since Im a beginner, I wont be detailed. There should be a good amount of tutorials on the net, including this very forum. It is very simple. Just draw splines on more important lines of the car, using BPs and photos, together with camera/perspective match and artistic skills. For example
wiktor-urbanczyk-02.jpg

wiktor-urbanczyk-03.jpg

Bezier corner in 3ds max is probably best for drawing because there aren't many points like ordinary non smooth polyline, and curvature is easily controlled. Bezier corner is good for sharp edges, too.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LAd1v
After drawing spline cage, create surfaces with lofting, boundary or modifiers, on 3 or 4 sided spline cage parts.
After that details can be added to body. Because NURBS aren't usable for non-static objects, conversion to polies is highly recommendable.
Same algorithm can be said for interiors, but they are harder because of asymmerty and rare blueprints are usually very limited, so using photos is basically far more important.
Blender 2.79 had limited support and flexibility for NURBS and splines. I don't know if 2.8 changed that. Blender is still very simple and intuitive for poly modelling. Matching models to photos is also good.

I probably will never abandon poly modelling, because IMO it feels less risky and easier to edit. But NURBS make better surfaces quicker and especially for modern cars that is important. They can be converted to polies to be more usable too. As for NURBS vs. polies I came to conclusion, after using both as a beginner and reading the net, that they are equally good IMHO, but in very different ways.

EDIT explained a bit more on lines.

Last edited:
NURBS make better surfaces quicker and especially for modern cars that is important. They can be converted to polies to be more usable too.

Agreed. If you're a beginner, it's a fair bit easier to get the overall shape of your car lined up with NURBS then convert to poly and add in more details. Rather than modelling panel by panel and not being able to change up entire body lines on the fly (especially if you get them wrong and kick yourself in the foot). Blender 2.8 is a bit faster than 2.79 in both rendering and modelling speed

Good intro on youtube:

Whats weird about it? Go ahead man it's your thread, but I'd rather look at what you've already modeled to see where the progress is at!
There aint nothing special TBH. Because im a beginner there are spline cages only and mediocre beginner poly models made in blender. That DB7 and 147 are the ones that I got most made. I havent done anything since I put this poll up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%