WIP: Giannini 500TV Montecarlo, 650NP Modena and Abarth 695SS Competizione.

Hi guys,
I have not dropped modding though it has been more quiet. In last year's online championship, 850cc cars from early 70's were a small hit, so I decided to make few cars to even smaller engine classes.

I found out Speedster63's Abarth 695SS Assetto Corsa, which was nice but could gain from small polishing... Speedster63 says in readme file that the mod is available for base making new mods, as long as he is mentioned as original author so I took that as permission to make something new out of it.

As I already had made lower powered version of Shotaro's nice Suzuki Fronte Coupe, I decided that 500cc is should be enough to form the smallest class. And that class cannot be run without the true legend of 500cc cars: Giannini 500TV. I eventually ended up doing 3 months of 3D updates and 3 months of physics, but now when just some skins, icons and biks is missing, I think the mod turned out to be great. Especially when it does have only 32Kw of in game power. :) While doing 500TV, I decided to do also 650NP, which called second bodystyle and new wider rims. Of course as the 650NP is in under 700cc class, that called for competition, so after small hesitation, I decided to update Speedster63's 695SS.

Fronte Coupe and 500TV Montecarlo runs on TC-65 rubber as the rolling resistance in TC-76 slicks was bit too heavy, but the 695SS Competizione and 650NP Modena get their grip from same tyres as the BYL Gr2 1275GT does. Those low profile tyres on 10" rims were also good match Graphically.

I will post some more pictures from the cars when I get home, but here's some development videos from making the 500TV:
- Early interior view:
- mid development video from menus:
- Almost finished car in St. Roch:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back