Flüela Pass (Switzerland)

Tracks Flüela Pass (Switzerland) 0.5.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
DrDownload517 submitted a new resource:

WIP: Fluela Pass (Switzerland) - Fluela Pass, hillclimb track based in switzerland

Hi guys,

I present to you, a very VERY work in progress version of my newest creation, the Fluela Pass located in the canton of Graubünden, Switzerland. Made with DEM data from the suisse government, sporting an near lidar styled accuracy of the terrain data..

It's really ROUGH and EARLY.
Please keep this in mind when trying this one out. Only the street and terrain have been done, more or less. No objects implented, no trees, nothing. No work has been done to the textures. The visual...

Read more about this resource...

DrDownload517 updated WIP: Fluela Pass (Switzerland) with a new update entry:

Physical mesh and some objects

Here comes the first update, with multiple small fixes and a large overhaul regarding the physics.
  • Separated the visual from the physical layer
  • Implemented "road feel" to the physical layer - will need some feedback if it is to strong or just about right
  • Fixed small "jumps" in the last section of the road
  • Adjusted background texture mapping - should look a lot better now
  • Implemented first test of a small forest in the beginning of the track
  • Very few objects placed as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Whats coming next (like, really soon) ...

So for quite some time now there has not been an update, but the next one is just around the corner. Thought I should update you with the current progress and state of the project.

I have been working on the basics to make the track more enjoyable to drive, meaning the next upcoming update which will follow somewhen this week will include the following things:
  • Rail guards and corresponding collision models
  • Improvements to some sections of the road, to match more with the real...

Time for an update: Safety and camera features

After several weeks of no updates, it is finally time to fill the track with some life after all. As im really happy about the physical road surface and the terrain mesh, I thought it would be time to include some "life saving" features.

As already mentioned in my sort of "todo" list and last update entry, I took most of my time to implement rail and post guards to the track. These caused me a few headache problems regarding the collision mesh, but most of them should be solved. Sadly im...

hi, just tried your v 0.2.1 (downloaded here and clean install) and i must say :wauw... fantastic job already!!
Unfortunatly, I hit a postguard after quite some miles and my car got completely stuck (with the postguard still in place on the roadside, but sticking out of my hood). I could not continue my drive through these gorgeous mountains, as i could not back out of the postguard... had to recommence from the start.
Keep up this beautifull project! Cheers and thank you!!!

hi, just tried your v 0.2.1 (downloaded here and clean install) and i must say :wauw... fantastic job already!!
Unfortunatly, I hit a postguard after quite some miles and my car got completely stuck (with the postguard still in place on the roadside, but sticking out of my hood). I could not continue my drive through these gorgeous mountains, as i could not back out of the postguard... had to recommence from the start.
Keep up this beautifull project! Cheers and thank you!!!
Many thanks for your feedback, really glad you like my creation!

Yeah im aware of the problem with the postguards if you smash them with too much speed.
Currently inspecting why this is happening and releasing a fixed version as soon as i know more.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Feels very real already. Looking forwards to more updates:) It's going to be one of my favourites! Thanks for the great work already :):):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Forgot to mention that I have NLR platform and ButtKicker and 4 Shakers driven by SimHub so I really feel the road and so with a nice FFB on the wheel I get a fairly complete "feel" for the road surface etc. and all this was excellent on this track. I drove all the way to the end in a Caterham Super 7 so I also had a good view of all the scenery on triple screens with TrackIR. Haven't tried VR yet but I'm looking forwards to it. Thanks again :):)

Last edited:

Mesh rework + more visual details

Here we are again, long long time without any updates. And this had its reason. On one side the blender learning curve had its cost and on the other side i wanted to prepare the existing mesh and finish it to a point, where i feel comfortable building on top of it.

Must of the work in this update is "behind the scenes", but there are some other things that you will actually see:

- Implemented additional (reverse) layout
- Some additional road details (middle lines)
- Lake on top...

DrDownload517 updated WIP: Fluela Pass with a new update entry:

Upcoming soon

Long time without any updates again, this time because of a job change, did not have to much time to invest into my track. But there have been a few things i managed to get done anyways, including:
  • Increased background texture resolution to 16k
  • Added some more little visual details to the track
  • Refined the physical road mesh according to the feedback i received from all of you
  • A few fixes here and there, mostly shaders - track should be enjoyable in every light condition...

DrDownload517 updated Flüela Pass (Switzerland) with a new update entry:

More trees please!

View attachment 733369

Finally I do have another update ready! I am sorry for the long wait, its still not in a perfect state, but i cannot keep you any longer away from this version ;)

Many behind the scenes work has been done to keep performance where it needs to be. New for this version:
  • Increased background texture resolution to 16k
  • Added some more little visual details to the track
  • Refined the physical road mesh...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%