[WIP] F1 Legends Racing 2.0

hi to all historic F1 Grand Prix fans,
just to let you know, after the august/september 2017 mod public release for GT Legends and GTR2 there is also the rFactor conversion process in work, which opens a question "how about AMS version?", right? :)

EDIT: finished and released, download here.

ok guys, here is a first blood shot:
ams_f112.jpg

Last edited:
ok, as you maybe know from our F1 LEGENDS RACING home page already, there are two (so far) 1968 season wingy cars made, the Britus 49B and Scarrini 312. they dont have the proper physics and barelly they could get it in any short visible future, but relating to the existing AMS Formula Vintage I could give you this two cars public just with the Reizas 1969 F1 physics ;)

the 1968 Britus 49B would simply get the 3.0L Rezia DFV V8 RWD engine.
the 1968 Scarrini 312 would simply get the 3.0L Reiza V12 RWD engine.

what you think about such offer?

image of the AMS 1968 Britus 49B attached.

ams_br10.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again for the 67 mod m8,still enjoying it.
I for one would be happy to see these two cars with the existing "Reizas 1969 F1 physics",just for looks sake .
They would make a nice change of scenery from the stock reiza wingy 69 cars that look so similar.......so yes release them with the standard physics,its a pity to see them in your post and not get to drive them....seems such a waste:)

well, Ive tried simply to relink the F-Vintage physics (HDVehicle=F_Vintage\F_Vintage_V8_69.hdv ) and it worked at first quick look fine, but thats all I am affraid :)
at second look there are visual issues, because the F1LR cars are different graphical offset, wheel/tire radius, suspension set etc.

because the relevant Reizas files are encoded into the AMS exe file, the only way how to fix it seemed to me to build the Upgrade set with various predefined (installed) fixes. this Ive tried already, but the results are not ok... anyway, anybody can try it, the 1968 F1LR vehicles are just the F1LR 2.0 cars with added wing mesh.

attaching the second Britus F1 1968 variant screenshot

ams_6810.jpg

ok, just did a few ingame shots, the rear big wing mounted Britus #10 is the 1969 Formula Vintage V8 engined car with two Upgrade preinstalls:
"Graphical Offset fix for F1LR car when F-Vintage physics used" + "Global wheel & tire fix or F1LR car when F-Vintage physics used".

the Britus #9 with aredonynamical engine cover is the standard F1 LEGENDS 2.0 1967 Britus 49 physics setup. this car is always bit faster comparing to the Britus #10.

Britus #10 cockpit view: as you can notice a big main visual issue lefts, the suspension mesh is not working properly / invicible from cockpit view.

the Britus #9 and the Britus #10 match the ride height aproximally

the Britus #9 and the Britus #10 at Spielberg 1974 pitbox

Last edited:
for those who would like to know more about my Upgrade ini fix tests when used F1LR car with F-Vintage HDV physics:

Code:
UpgradeType="Ride height fix"
{
  UpgradeLevel="Graphical Offset -0.130 (Default)"
  {
    Description="Graphical Offset fix for F1LR car when F-Vintage physics used"
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.130, 0.0)
  }
  UpgradeLevel="Graphical Offset -0.140"
  {
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.140, 0.0)
  }
  UpgradeLevel="Graphical Offset -0.150"
  {
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.150, 0.0)
  }
}

UpgradeType="Wheel & tire fix"
{
  UpgradeLevel="Tire Brand"
  {
    Description=Global wheel & tire fix or F1LR car when F-Vintage physics used"
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=TireBrand=F1LR_Britus_49_tyr.tbc
  }
}

thanks. to (try to) fix the suspension visual issue it would need somebody more experienced, I am not physics mod maker and deep-strike is busy with a lot more real life important things now.

I can share this for later tests, however, anybody can try it already now, with the public 1967 mod release.

well, ok, maybe instead of such hybrid attempts would be better to addapt/edit the F1LR 1967 carset files for the 1968 season... maybe this would be easier solution. I cant say...

ok guys, when talking about the 67/68/69 physics, I did a few personal tests yesterday with the FF steering wheel. having not my Logitech G25 currently at home, so I took my second wheel device, the old Ferrari Thrutsmaster.

Ive tested the F1LR mod with deafult physics, Ive tested the F1LR mod with F-Vintage physics and Ive tested the F-Vintage cars. always default FF device ingame settings.

well, the RealFeel activated plug-in seemed to me with F1LR very harsh in any cases.
whatever Ive manually set at RealFeelPlugin.ini didnt took any really noticable effect but one thing: the FFBMixerRealFeelPercent row. when Ive set the value from 100 to 50, it was pretty usable, however, its not reccomended :) about all the Realfeel values you may look here.

the RealFeel activated plug-in seemed to me with F1LR + F-Vintage physics very very well settings.

the RealFeel activated plug-in seemed to me with F-Vintage cars quite harsh forces, yet the cars are totally undrivable to me. also because they are not too much optimised 3d sources, I am getting a huge lag / fps slowdowns when more cars on track / at pitbox, because my PC really isnt any NASA computer. actually, my PC cant run smoothly even PCARS1 ;)

Last edited:
Where can the Britus 49B and Scarrini 312 cars be dowloaded for testing in AMS?
I know you say they are not optimised for automobilista yet,but with some of the above tweeks they can function to a point .
I looked on your website but could only find the
"GT Legends modding
Britus 49B and Scarrini 312 showroom test. F1 1968 season." , which are just screenshots,where if any are the download links,only part of the site is in english so I cant read some of the other tabs.
Thanks....

well, there is no such download stuff available and to be honest (and as already mentioned), its not necessary to be, infact. the current Britus 49 and Scarrini 312 for 1968 season test stuff are same cars as the released 1967 season ones in base, just with relinked HDV to F-Vintages at the VEH file and with enhanced Upgrade file, to fix some visual issues. all needed changes are mentioned / described a few post back. it means anybody can try it himself with a few text edits in a few minutes and if the potential testers cant do this, then they barelly could be helpfull somehow :)

as to our racesim mod home page f1legends or simgarage at nolimit.cz domain I am bit confused of what you mean, because they are made completelly in english language, as far as I know... ok, there are typos and other bugs maybe, still no other language mixtures ;)
if you mean my personal pages, they are not designed to be somehow helpful to mod players :)

the f1legends pages at nolimit.cz domain contents various wip progress info and so. and public downloadable stuff. the Britus and Scarrini are the only F1LR 1968 season visual atempts without any properly builded file style / genstring logics yet, relating to the whole rest of car park. it was just a test, how our 1967 season cars could look without 3d stuff changes, just with added wing mesh and new skins.

Hi
Thanks for the reply,I did not realize by adding the text you posted that was all that is needed . It must have gone over my head......I just thought the cars were linked somewhere ...I was mistaken!
Regarding the website it is in english, but the top header and the bottom of the page (adverts I think) is in I presume czech , thats what I meant..no worries.
One thing i was wondering though is if you can tell me how to get the "Gold Leaf"
sponsor skin for the Britas 49 ,which is shown in your 68 wingy screenshots.
I am aware that the 67 season did not have these liveries ( it came in the following years) but I just like the livery....I cant seem to find it anywhere;)
PS: still having fun with the 67 mod,the Britas (lotus) 49 is my fav.....I did have to omit the Hooper T81 from the AI line up on one or two tracks (Monza comes to mind) as it could not negotiate the corners well and came off every race .
Apart from that and a few minor things its been great.....I find myself using these cars more than any others......but as you gathered i am a fan of that era....cheers.:thumbsup:

I see... well, all my "product" web pages are running under free web czech domain, which means each visitor must live through the annoying advertisement evil. I personally ignore it totally :) to avoid of this would be to pay for the web services, but that would need some donations. my stuff is free and honestly Ive got only two donations literally for a whole my life.

its correct, the Britus Gold Leaf skin is designed to be 1968 Season car slot, so it isnt included at the AMS F1LR 2.0.2 mod 1967 Season.

the 1968 Season is about a few first steps only. the genstring file logic, which controls the body / wing mesh styles, currently doesnt allows to build-up it as a global multivehicle season. I have to rethink it bit deeper yet.

when talking about the potentional 1968 F1LR Season, here are the results of brainstorming when deep-strike and me bothered with such idea, by past:

F1LR 1968 Beagle T1G inspiration: 1968 Eagle T1G, image:
http://ghostmodels.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/d574p13.jpg

F1LR 1968 Britus 43 inspiration: none, could be replaced with some 1968 Matra or McLaren *), which could be visual mixture of our already available tubus + other engine styles.

F1LR 1968 Britus 49 inspiration: 1968 Lotus 49B, image: http://www.webmodelers.com/image/201506tamiya13.jpg

F1LR 1968 Grabham BT20 inspiration: 1968 Brabham BT20 (no wings?), image:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b8/96/33/b896331c2ae75b642771c55e8442faf4.jpg

F1LR 1968 GBR P83 inspiration: undecided.

F1LR 1968 Grabham BT24 inspiration: 1968 Brabham BT24, image:
http://www.trax-models.co.uk/images/uploads/S4780(1).jpg

F1LR 1968 Hooper T81 inspiration: 1968 Cooper T86B, image:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...33dcd80de614d2bc366c65d7--robins-historie.jpg

F1LR 1968 Scarrini 312 inspiration: 1968 Ferrari 312, image:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...2ded1c02c8c7e0b6cd44a36d3--ferrari-search.jpg

F1LR 1968 Yonda 273 inspiration: 1968 Honda 301, image:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/f8/86/d6f886a366cd8d68d912c86b79572122.jpg

F1LR 1968 Yonda 300 inspiration: 1968 Honda 302, image:
https://images.cdn.circlesix.co/ima.../2016/02/c4d17b0e40367816dc0c8358642f53bd.jpg

*) Matra or McLaren teams inspiration for F1LR mod:
Matra (Mecanique Aviation Traction) = Mantra (Mecanique Aviation Nationale Traction)
McLaren (Bruce McLaren) = McMaron (Brice McMaron)

Last edited:
I've been playing with the setups trying to find a nice balance, but the Scarrini seems to have some strange quirks, especially with the right front wheel, sometimes it acts as If it isn't touching the ground and almost stops spinning.
one other thing I saw a video online of the cars in action and was wondering what track is being used:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back